A certain Subwoofer for sale on the forum

Good catch! Is it still available at that price brand new?
Some vintage and rare items do sell at much more price than the MRP.

Common guys, let's give seller some time to rethink the price if he wants to, which is of course up to him.
As buyers, it is our right to buy or not to buy. But let us not take this thread somewhere else. :)

Mods should not allow anyone else except the OP to post in for sale threads. The above posts are of no value to the thread and the OP and in fact will deter a potential buyer.

I also agree to fact that as this is a public site , buyers n sellers should talk personally via direct msgs. Arjun has full right to post what he expects as best that is obviously subject to negotiation between him n seller. If u think it’s too high msg him but the open comments sort of are nothing but humiliating

Celester,
Mods should not allow anyone else except the OP to post in for sale threads. The above posts are of no value to the thread and the OP and in fact will deter a potential buyer. Hats off to the OP for maintaining his composure.

I dont think it is not a proper solution to the problem we are talking about.

I too agree that negotiations should happen privately but cases like pricing for a used product as close as the newer one is not something genuine considering the age of the product.

Here we are not negotiating we are just pointing out the fact that there is something called depreciation and warranty of the product which is on sale. Lets say im gonna buy this product then who will bare the depriciation and null warranty of the product??

If you encourage this then we would see similiar ads with similiar prices for used products going forward.

My whole point is to fix a genuine price for the product based on the condition, age and warranty if any.

With due respect i understand your concerns sir but I feel seller has all the rights to price the product as he wishes
As buyers we have to do our research as we always do , and we negotiate as per market prices should be
If you go to see if seller has not priced the product well it will obviously not sell

If you go to see do we question the manufacturer how they have come to certain price for their product ?

We wait for performance reviews and if some other product is of similar performance and priced less then that we prefer the one which is priced less

See we all will sell something or other at some time , so I feel seller should not be questioned about his or her pricing of the product in the open forum

Exactly what we are trying to say. The for sale thread should only be one post by the original poster and only he should be allowed to post or edit. All this extra gyaan should be in other threads. The original post for sale of the thread has already been diluted. I hope the mods delete all these posts and lock the thread and keep it open only for the OP.

@vinothkumar , u r free to give him a price or, buy a new product from HTstore or wherever. But trying to tell the OP what you thinks is a fair price for his own product, is a little much.

Lets say im gonna buy this product then who will bare the depriciation and null warranty of the product??
If you are buying the product, u have thought about depreciation and warranty. Otherwise u don't buy the product. If it suits your price ,buy it. If not, like most of us here, life goes on and we wait for the next sale.

And If u are so bothered about depreciation and warranty, you should be looking at a new product. We all buy used gear because we think we'll get them at a bargain. One has to sacrifice something in order to gain another.

If you are buying the product, u have thought about depreciation and warranty. Otherwise u don't buy the product. If it suits your price ,buy it. If not, like most of us here, life goes on and we wait for the next sale.

And If u are so bothered about depreciation and warranty, you should be looking at a new product. We all buy used gear because we think we'll get them at a bargain. One has to sacrifice something in order to gain another.

So you mean that, I buy a new product from a dealer and I can use it for years and later I can put it for sale for the same cost which I bought, and buyer just have to bear the null warranty without compromising on the price. Is it????

I have different view in this matter. Seller have full authority and entity for the price he is looking for his product. It depends on buyer to investigate about product,price and performance. Sharing information with buyer by FM about product , performance and availability is not harmful. We are here on the forum to help,advice and educate the FM so that he will not regret for his purchase. As far as our classified section concern seller must attractively and reasonably price his product so that buyer can neither negotiate nor refuse the deal. ultimately neither seller nor buyer feel cheated on forum classified section. I have purchased surround speakers and sub-woofer from classified section. products were well maintained and reasonably priced so satisfied with deal.

So you mean that, I buy a new product from a dealer and I can use it for years and later I can put it for sale for the same cost which I bought, and buyer just have to bear the null warranty without compromising on the price. Is it????
You can put it for sale for 5 times the cost you bought it at. What’s stops you? Just as the buyer has the choice to ignore the product, so does the seller have a choice to put what he feels. It’s his problem if no one buys it. It’s the buyers responsibility like @rpmahale rightly said, to check the product and do his or her own investigation before buying.

It’s simple. You don’t like the price or the product, why buy it? Your talking as if the seller is forcing the buyer to buy his product. You don’t like the price, don’t buy it. Like me. If I don’t like something or I can’t afford something, I don’t buy it. I don’t question the sellers choice of pricing.

I partially agree with the OP here, I have seen people buying from US and mentioning Indian Mrp for sale or selling it at a higher price than they paid (mostly dealers in disguise). Profiteering should not be allowed in a enthusiasts forum like this. But the premise of classifieds section becomes so complicated, as most of the sellers will definitely get a better price on HFV than Olx etc, so will that be considered as profiteering? No.

Sellers won't sell it here, unless they're assured of better price here, considering the issues involved like following the guidelines of HFV classifieds section and some amount of post Sale responsibility (which is nil in case of Olx selling), should be worthwhile. So it should be seller friendly as well.

This section works if and only if it's mutually beneficial for seller and buyer, so cribbing regarding the pricing is useless. " Its His Item for Sale, so his Price ; its your Money for Buying, you Bargain " should be the moto here. I don't buy the product irrespective of the deal, if there's at least 10 -15% discount over the best selling price for less than 6 months old items (best selling price in India if its an Indian purchase, US if its US purchase ). I mostly take the Audiogon or hifishark prices as reference when buying high-end used items. So ultimately the decision lies with the buyer.

My suggestions is to make the sellers more responsible, instead of dictating the Selling price :

1. Make a mandatory template to be filled ( the template itself shouldn't be user editable), don't approve the 'For Sale' thread without all fields filled
2. Clearly how old the item is? A basic information missing in most threads. Admissible for Vintage items, but what about others? How long you've been using it, if lying unused, how long?
3. Any history of in warranty or out of warranty Service carried out, including the details of Mods and the costs incurred
4. Field for mentioning Purchase price ( Exact cost incurred, USD conversion rate at the time of buying and customs paid etc)! not the MRP of the item ( which can be googled easily). Make this field optional IMHO. Invoice or soft copy are great if available. Also where did you buy it from? If you are expecting a price higher than what you bought it for, you automatically agree to pay 10% of the earnings or Rs 100 whichever is higher to HFV for maintaining the website! Failing which you'll not be allowed to post further in sales section.
5. Mention the Exact Model number ( missing in many threads) also the serial number!
6. Clear pictures with HFV handle, the front and rear of the device either posted on HFV and HiRes uploaded to image hosting websites links
7. A video of the device playing with low and high volume, in case of open to shipping and picture of the serial number of the device. Especially important when sellers want to be paid upfront.
8. A rating system for seller & buyers, the amount of transaction he carried out on HFV and the impression from the other dealing party, with a section for comments available publicly for everyone to read.
9. Anything above this, like verification of seller identity or the condition of the product can be done at a price, with a verified listing badge at a cost of course.
10. Make validity for Sale threads to a Maximum of 30 days, after which it will be deleted or can be reposted only after adding fresh pictures with date.
11. Not eligible to post in 'For sale threads' if you don't have 30 mandatory posts in the forum ; a endorsement from the well known member is must for your initial sale thread, Especially important if you are open to shipping and expect the buyers to pay beforehand.
12. Separate Section for ' Not Owner Sale posts ' ( even when you're selling on behalf of friends) Where anyone can post anything ( according to mandatory Sale thread guidelines) and a nominal fee of Rs 100 per Item needs to be paid upfront to HFV for listing it. Even Gifted items and Items won in contests can be sold here.
13. No question of adding 'no lowballing' or 'don't crap my thread' sentimental posts if you haven't mentioned the purchase price incurred by you. You're in a market section, and trying to sell a product without mentioning the clear credentials, better get used to this! But keep the order of civility in discussions.

I don't think there will be any issues whatsoever if such mandatory listing disciplines are followed. Hopefully Mods may make amendments if possible.

Last edited:
Then what about some people who law ball like crazy just because the item is not moving since a long time and the seller is sort of desperate to sell it because he wants to upgrade to his dream dac or csp or amp or speaker

That's also sort of wrong because we take advantage of that audiophile's situation

Ain't it right ?

So wrong happens both ways, in buying and selling both
One has to be smart buyer or a seller and research about the product and be also smart in areas of checking the product completely with whatever means possible with today's technology

One can't make rules and regulations on forum for sell and buy which is just there to aid any participant of the forum

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back