A-la-carte channels on DTH (preferably Airtel)

god2007

Any member has experience in selecting channels in a-la-carte mode, particularly on airtel ?
All DTH operators offer the facility of individually selecting the channels, rather than one of the package. Some time back, when I attempted this on my airtel dth, there was a condition that the selection cannot be modified for one year. Hence I dropped the plan. Eventhough the cost of each channel is slightly high, by selecting only the channels we actually view /require( for example only hd channels and sports channels) the overall cost can be kept in the limit.
Other members' experience please post here. Also tell me whether the one year lock in is still there. Last week when i went through the terms and conditions, it was not found.

Any member has experience in selecting channels in a-la-carte mode, particularly on airtel ?
All DTH operators offer the facility of individually selecting the channels, rather than one of the package. Some time back, when I attempted this on my airtel dth, there was a condition that the selection cannot be modified for one year. Hence I dropped the plan. Eventhough the cost of each channel is slightly high, by selecting only the channels we actually view /require( for example only hd channels and sports channels) the overall cost can be kept in the limit.
Other members' experience please post here. Also tell me whether the one year lock in is still there. Last week when i went through the terms and conditions, it was not found.

As per TRAI regulation there is no lock in period. You can take it up with the DTH provider or write to TRAI directly.

A minimum amount will be there. I think Rs 160 /- . You will get all DD channels in that. For all other channels you have to select one by one and they add up on that minimum charge . If you select a single channel of Rs 20 /- , you need to pay minimum charge + Rs 20 / -

Found this on Tatasky A-La-Carte site

Minimum monthly subscription for chosen packs or individual channels cannot be less than Rs 155
Minimum Subscription Period is 30 days

I think we have to select channels whose cost adds up to minimum of 155/-

I listed the channels I want and added the cost of each, total cost of individual channels was coming higher than the pack option. Hence I selected a base pack and added HD and English Movies

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/28499-dolby-d-dts-hdmi-what-truth.html

read here..if u already booked airtel..ok.but if not pls read.only tatasky hd send DD via hdmi.and airtel and dish send DD but via spdif and others dont send a 5.1 DD signal.....
about a la carte..its very simple..total minimum value is there...otherwise I would be only watching star movies hd at 40 rs only per month..so to control bad customers like me..the point is there..
a channle once taken cannot be changed in the next 30 days...reason same..or I watch star movies hd today and star gold hd tomoroow and so on...at the same price...
best is visit the respective channel site..

I found that unless it is really a very select a-la-carte channels (5 or less), the scheme does not work out effective. There are different people in the home and they want different channels:

- old parents need soaps, regional entertainment
- wife need soaps, general entertainment
- kids need cartoons/animation
- all may desire movie channels
- you may like sports, english entertainment, news and information channels

So ultimately a golden "all-for-one, one-for-all" scheme does not work out. Hence I opted for TS Mega Lite pack. Costly but no headaches.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back