A media player for HD movies from HDD.

mailme.manju

Hello all, I'm in the look out for a media player to hook up with my LCD TV.
It'll will used by my parents for watching movies from an external storage device(pendrive/HDD) only. So kindly suggest me a good player for the above mentioned purpose.

Hello all, I'm in the look out for a media player to hook up with my LCD TV.
It'll will used by my parents for watching movies from an external storage device(pendrive/HDD) only. So kindly suggest me a good player for the above mentioned purpose.

WD TV Live should do.

Strange coincidence.
I was actually searching the internet for something to get movies from my laptop and hdd to my TV. I came across a whole lot of options like Asus, WD, Google TV, Apple TV etc. Then I happened to stumble upon something called an Android TV box, this happens to suit my needs and also comes at a very affordable price compared to the other branded components and has the same functionality and offerings.
There are a wide variety and are available on ebay, check it out for yourself before you decide on the final buy.

hi mailme.manju

If this is for your parents, I would suggest to invest in a blu ray player like Pioneer BDP 160 where you can play almost all kinds of Disc and also play almost all music / movie formats thru a pendrive or external HDD (1 TB).

I did briefly owned a media player, it was good but the drawback was having an additional dvd player so too many components....the best is a blu ray player which resolves everything.

The Pioneer BDP 160 firmware is upgradable through USB via download.

The choice is yours, see what fulfils the requirement and expectations.

Hi,
If you are on budget and don't want to spend money on unnecessary features, a simple media player like CUBETEK HD MEDIA PLAYER 1080P will do lot and cost 3K+. It is simple. As of now it is out of stock in Amazon.in. You can check the alternatives like Amkette in same price range.

We have a good old LG Golden Eye CRT 22" TV at home and I was also looking for such device particularly for my Wife and Kids to view the movies downloaded from the Internet.

A week back I could able come across a sale at OLX (Cubetek HD Media Player - Bangalore - TV - Video - Audio - Arakere) and contacted the seller(own use). It seems that, he has sparingly used this piece. I have taken movies with different format(MKV, FLV and HD Mp4) and MP3 music files in my pen drive and went to his home for having the demo. He had big LCD TV and is kind enough to give all the demo. He connected with the HDMI input. Everything flawless and awesome. The only drawback is, the subtitles looks small. I have settled the deal for final Rs. 1800 and bought it home.

Once again everything went very well with my CRT TV also. It is having very easy interface and now My wife and kids enjoying this stuff. As a bonus, my wife could able to view lot of tutorials and videos related to Craft work and Food recipes downloaded from Youtube and loaded in the pen drive.

Just thought of sharing my experience with you regarding budget media player. If you have any friends in Bangalore, I am happy to give a demo at my home, so it may help you to take some good decision.

With regards

Strange coincidence.
I was actually searching the internet for something to get movies from my laptop and hdd to my TV. I came across a whole lot of options like Asus, WD, Google TV, Apple TV etc. Then I happened to stumble upon something called an Android TV box, this happens to suit my needs and also comes at a very affordable price compared to the other branded components and has the same functionality and offerings.
There are a wide variety and are available on ebay, check it out for yourself before you decide on the final buy.

there are thousands of those floating around but nothing is flawless. its a long way for them to reach that stability . yes you can opt ofr good quad core ones ranging around 70-80$ but then if you can grab a wd tv live for 100$ why not take something that will make your life easy..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back