A ready-made goodlooking HTPC option

grunthos

A lot of people post in this HTPC subforum looking for help in configuring a miniITX pc. Unlike regular mATX size, options are even more limited in the miniITX size. Not too many good quality cases or PSUs available in India

Hence this new minipc from Asus deserves a serious look
VivoPC VM40B - ASUS VivoPC - ASUS

Starts at 20k for a without-OS Celeron variety. Goes upto 46k for a Core i5 Windows 8 version. Inbuilt wifi, 500 GB drive, HDMI and SPDIF out. It is perfect for a low-cost HTPC, if you are not looking to play 50 GB bluray ISOs
(Zotac ZBOXes are an alternative, but they are very difficult to get hold of in India)

(Also, I have nothing to do with Asus :D )

Grunthos,

THank you for sharing... looks very appealing, how did you figure out the price? is it someplace on the link you shared?

The Lenovo Q190 and the Acer Revo line both fit the bill too. But usually, availability in India becomes an issue aa the product begins to get older. These two were launched some way back, and hence are not widely available today.

I would stick with the old school htpc, these products hardly catch up, even if they do they outdate fast. Either ways, the box looks cool.

I would stick with the old school htpc, these products hardly catch up, even if they do they outdate fast. Either ways, the box looks cool.

Check out the new Mac Pro.

1637337239_1377603394.jpg

Apple is doing its part to ensure such new designs catch on and knowing their fan base even other PC manufacturers might head that way. After the iPhone every mobile manufacturer went the touchscreen way and those who did not follow suit (like Blackberry) are considered dinosaurs and nearly extinct.

Hi,

I have been looking for a Mini-iTX HTPC box about the size of a Tatasky HD set top box (13"W x 3" high) that can accommodate 2x3.5" hard drives and maybe a small SSD as well.

Coolermaster's Mini 110 fits the size but can accommodate only 1 3.5" drive (and a 2.5" SSD). Cooler Master: Mini 110

Any other options?

Silverstone's Milo ML05 is a little too tall.
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- ML05

Coolermaster's Elite 100 fits the size but manages 1x3.5", 1x2.5" and one ODD which can be used for a SSD.
Cooler Master: Elite 100

Fitting 2 x 3.5" drives under 3" height will be a little difficult in a mini-ITX size. In micro-ATX size, you can get products like Silverstone ML03/ML04 which are 4" high and which can take 2x3.5" drives plus a SSD.

The best you can probably manage in mini-ITX is this SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- SG02-F, which at 8 inch height, is a little higher than your 3" wish

I own a zotac nano id61 and zotac id11... both are fantastic. Nano id61 is a very recent acquisition and comes with a remote anf works... the package cant get any better

tapped on Note II cdma

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back