• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

A Transmission Line Speaker Inspired from Mother Nature

Wharfedale Speakers

yogibear

IMG_7842.jpg

It could probably the very first time, someone uploaded a picture of a Cactus on the forum.

However this very cactus in the garden of a DIYer inspired him to come up with a TL.

Amazing effort, skills and execution !

A rear terminus I presume though a front terminus could be better. Right ? Please see the pictures below. If I get to see some plots I will post them here.

IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

amangujral06

While this looks interesting . With too many twits and turns I wonder if the low end will remain sharp and fast enough for enjoyable listening.

yogibear

A side terminus may have phase problems with the driver.

His build efforts look quite precise so if he takes good care of leaks, it may turn out great. Will post his observations and plots as soon as he updates.

Otpidus

A side terminus may have phase problems with the driver. ...

Right, high probablity of out of phase cabinet reverb. The cross product of the terminal vector and voice coil vector will have to be negated with additional braces in the enclosure.

Sumanta

Superb idea! Haven't thought of this till I saw your post. A simpler ramp design with plates will be easier to build and easier flight for air too. Place the plates axis on the path of the air in slopes just like sloped smooth ramp for car parking access but not a rounded one, rather rectangle one like normal stair cases.

sameer kumar

View attachment 26460

It could probably the very first time, someone uploaded a picture of a Cactus on the forum.

However this very cactus in the garden of a DIYer inspired him to come up with a TL.

A rear terminus I presume though a front terminus could be better. Right ? Please see the pictures below. If I get to see some plots I will post them here.

View attachment 26461
Innovation through observation.....you rightly followed the fundamentals of design.....my best wishes for the project.
View attachment 26462

yogibear

Not mine Sameer but someone else’s and I am dismayed to know that he has cut no terminus at the rear and has no plans to do that for now. Will play it sealed !!! What a waste I think. Spiral TL have a rear terminus and even a US Patent on it as shared by Hari.

sudhirbhosale

What a great design thought ..... Admire you .......
To share similar design:
On Hyderabad domestic airport, there is shop of luxury car brand who also makes fashion stuff. I think Porshe. They used car's silencer and put speaker inside. The item is on display and price is 1.8 L. Sharing this as design tip.

Thanks