A treat for the Pune audiophiles 12-14 October 2017, Conrad

vivek_r

And for Mumbai audiophiles happy to travel!! KEI is organising a demo/dealer conference and retail participants can also attend. Woah...

Gear being demoed include ELAC, Totem, Denon, Audio Technica, Primare and Hegel, and across price ranges.

On 12th, from 3PM - 7PM
On 13th, from 930AM - 615PM
On 14th, from 930AM - 230PM

Work commitments means I can't travel there, but sounds very promising and fun.

The biggest treat - Andrew Jones of ELAC is going to be there! On Friday at 5.15PM, there is a Q&A with Totem/ELAC (Jones) which you can attend too.

Go knock yourself out!

Vivek

Whom to contact to get passes or invites?
Any visitor that comes to our event because of hifi vision will have to register at our KEI desk at the lobby and then will be directed to the respective rooms. He will be given an appropriate "Visitor" badge.
This is a message from KEI.
I have copied & posted it here.
Its a FREE Show - No Cost.
Just remember - software - get your own CD's ! Important !

Andrew Jones in person!!!
Can't miss this.

This message is for all Pune HFV members...

It's been a long time since we met at Viki's place for HFV meet. Let's meet at this venue on 13th Oct. I and Sridhar are coming on 13th Oct. Please convey your plans /suggestions

Regards,

The biggest treat - Andrew Jones of ELAC is going to be there! On Friday at 5.15PM, there is a Q&A with Totem/ELAC (Jones) which you can attend too.

Go knock yourself out!

Vivek

I will be there on 13th. at 10:30 sharp. Will stay around till lunch time atleast.

Sridhar

nice to see Pune folks on this thread..

hope you guys have fun and get to hear something nice and please do post photos..

the rest of us will appreciate photos..

do spread the word around and get together if only for a few hours..

it will be worth it.

For Mr Jones - i would have a few questions form the management of costs perspective..especially manufacturing things for a price point and why cant India be a low cost source for speakers since we do have Peerless in India for drivers..

what compromises to me made during testing of speakers ?

how does one "go by the ear" at one point and what is the relevance of data plots for low cost speakers..

and the reverse question for - cost no object - speakers ?

have fun..

.. I am in touch with 2-3 more Pune HFV members who planning to visit on 13th Oct

It would be great to meet all of them after long gap from our last Pune HFV Meet.

If i go, this would be my first visit of this kind. Is it necessary to carry CD? I mean we can aswell just listen to what they are already playing or we can only listen / they allow person by person?.. first time hence some silly questions..

Sent from Note5

If i go, this would be my first visit of this kind. Is it necessary to carry CD? I mean we can aswell just listen to what they are already playing or we can only listen / they allow person by person?.. first time hence some silly questions..

Sent from Note5

It's ok if you come without your own CD's. You can very well listen to what is being played by others.

What kind of software they can provide?

Sent from Note5

I think what Bhagwan means by software (in his post #2) is songs on CD... and the visitors are expected to get their favorite song CD's to compare how the same songs sound different on different gear-combinations.

Someone said to me a long time ago - the price of a product is not cost + margins but what the buyer is willing to pay. Classic examples are Bose speakers.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back