• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 DAC for sale

Price: 2.1L
Condition: 9/10 (Audiogon scale)

For a long time before moving back to India (2 years ago), I was searching for my end-game DAC for under 7L (10K$) price range.

I bought and sold and auditioned many DACs: Chord, Luxman, NAD, Triode Labs, Wavelength, Auralic, Berkeley Audio and many others I cannot remember. Every one of them was beaten by my vinyl setup, until I bought this DAC.

I would play my jazz LPs and then play the same track over Redbook (yes Redbook, not hi-res, not DSD) and it would be hard to distinguish the difference, this DAC has that analogue sound, that seductive musicality of the vinyl. In fact it was sooooo good, that I who could not stand digital sound sold my vinyl setup and kept this DAC.

This DAC has within it 2 chips, one to play redbook (44.1) and other to play hi-res files. It has a tube output and I swear it beats even high-end vinyl setups under the 5-6L range. You DON'T need vinyl if you have this DAC. It is the best out there for under 10k$ or 7L INR in my humble opinion. YMMV.

It has rave reviews (https://www.stereophile.com/content/abbingdon-music-research-dp-777-da-processor), and check out audiogon members (not just reviewers) who rave about this DAC the way I do: "I said it before and I'll say it again, it is better than my buddies USD ~ $38K analog front end and that is NO hyperbole. I have listened to that system multiple times and each time it fails to deliver the musicality and sheer enjoyment of the AMR. " ->https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/any-opinions-on-the-amr-digital-processor-777-dac

I have been suggesting this DAC to people in audiogon myself for past few years, since I really believe in this product. It is a tour de force.

It's preamp section is also not bad. I have been using it as a preamp. To better the preamp of this DAC you will need to buy a preamp that is really special (Convergent, Shindo, Coincident, Robert Koda). Given it's a DAC and high end preamp, it is great bargain.

My only reason to sell it is that my ambitious system (DAC, Monoblock amps etc) do not fit my current housing space.
This is a 220V model so doesn't need any voltage conversion.

Auditions welcome for serious buyers. amr1.jpg amr1.jpg amr2.jpg

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

arj

wow..i dont know how i missed this. one of the most organic DACs one can buy and a great price too..all the best on this !

kartick

I wish there was a way for me to audition this in Delhi. Could have given me clarity if at all this suits my tastes and system integration!! Let me know if there is a way.

Hey Everyone,

Apologies for my late replies, I was out of the country for more than a month.
Yes, this DAC is still available. Please message me for any questions or post here, I will respond promptly.

Best,
Bhaskar

I wish there was a way for me to audition this in Delhi. Could have given me clarity if at all this suits my tastes and system integration!! Let me know if there is a way.
Probably no way to audition in Delhi I can think of, sorry. Happy to host you if you come this way anytime.

SPONSORED ADS
This is based on some PMs I have gotten from FMs.
- It's no longer possible to audition this DAC, I have packed to storage my old stereo system. It can be hooked to my current all-in-one if you want to make sure it works before buying but there isn't a way for you to judge its sound.
- I have no interest in any trade-ins or exchanges unless you have a Shindo pre or power amp, in that case I am very very interested :)

Thanks for reading this post. Cheers!

SPONSORED ADS