About the pull the trigger on Fiio X3 2nd Gen

ShutterX

I have been considering one of these High res DAPs off late and have decided that the FIIO x3 2nd gen fits the bill. Here is what i want from this DAP:

1) Should play FLAC and MP3 with good sound.

2) Should have a headphone amp built in. The X3's upto 100+ohms is good enough.

3) This is a primary music solution for me and should have a fully functioning dedicated lineout. 1.45vrms on the X3 seems low but the reviews say that the power is great.

4) Should have decent amount of space.

5) Should not be a direct import from abroad and must have warranty in India.

That about sums it up. Do you guys thing the X3 2nd gen is the right choice?

Cheers!

I've been using the first gen X3 for a few years now and fully endorse it in every way. As a standalone player and as a USB dac. Both thru headphones and as a line out to feed an amp.

About the power, it works fine with most headphones and even did a good job on the Hifiman HE400 which is planar and challenging hard to drive. But it had to be set on Hi gain and about 90% of the volume.

I have been considering one of these High res DAPs off late and have decided that the FIIO x3 2nd gen fits the bill. Here is what i want from this DAP:

1) Should play FLAC and MP3 with good sound.

2) Should have a headphone amp built in. The X3's upto 100+ohms is good enough.

3) This is a primary music solution for me and should have a fully functioning dedicated lineout. 1.45vrms on the X3 seems low but the reviews say that the power is great.

4) Should have decent amount of space.

5) Should not be a direct import from abroad and must have warranty in India.

That about sums it up. Do you guys thing the X3 2nd gen is the right choice?

Cheers!
Pull the trigger and do share your experience with us. Does X3 have in built amp for headphone? How about DAC? Where you buying it? I think it's available at Amazon India

Not sure if you bought it. Would love to hear your experience. I was conte,plating the same one but decided to use an old samsung s7Edge with a large microSD for music 2 years back with my chifi IEMs Magaosi- have never looked back!

Its a good player but at this point of time , since they are a bit old i think. Out of the recent players i happened to demo, cayin n3 sounded really good for the money. Also, the best new value for money fiio is m6.havent got a chnace to listen , but guys who had the same stuff i also had on headfi says its better.

Eod, they are all sideays upgrades.i still like fiio gen1 with headphones with hollow midbass as to me it sounded too much midbassy.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back