• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Absolute Amateur.. No clue

Luxman Amplifiers India

nayal01

Hi,
1. I have no clue and therefore only to absorb advice.
2. Requirements:-
Daughters have an amazing voice and enjoy singing English numbers (not rock).
Need something that allows her to listen to songs off the net/ you tube/ and some serious stuff off a turn table.
Probably an Amp to plug in her mike, head phones and guitar..
and when she is not around some thing that plays music off my wife phone/ net.
House: three rooms in a 1500 sq ft area.
Budget: Max 40-50 grand as of now and something that i can add-on or build on sequentially.
Thanks..

Vinod.R

Best advice I can give at this moment is, read through the various threads in this forum.
Gained knowledge will let you decide what you want instead of asking for an opinion.

Upvote 0

tuff

Hi,
1. I have no clue and therefore only to absorb advice.
2. Requirements:-
Daughters have an amazing voice and enjoy singing English numbers (not rock).
Need something that allows her to listen to songs off the net/ you tube/ and some serious stuff off a turn table.
Probably an Amp to plug in her mike, head phones and guitar..
and when she is not around some thing that plays music off my wife phone/ net.
House: three rooms in a 1500 sq ft area.
Budget: Max 40-50 grand as of now and something that i can add-on or build on sequentially.
Thanks..
So let me see if i can clear it up a bit.
You are looking for a turntable,an amplifier with Bluetooth audio streaming and Karaoke built in and also act as a guitar amp with a pair of loudspeakers. :yahoo:

Upvote 0

apk

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the journey.

What you need at a min. is a pair of speakers, amplifier and source. In addition to these, you need cables to connect each of these. Speaker to amplifier (speaker cables), and amplifier to source (RCA cables - also known as interconnects).

Would suggest that you split your budget more or less equally between the speakers, amplifier and source. Keep around 5% of your budget for cables.

Try and travel to a Metro city closest to your location - in your case Delhi seems suitable. Fix up appointments with audio dealers/shops, and spend a couple of days listening to different combinations in your price range. Take a call after that.

Do keep in mind a couple of things:
- Don't be in a hurry to finalize.
- You must listen to the system that you will buy. Don't buy blind, or only based on recommendations.
- Make a CD of the songs that you like and carry this for any audition.
- If you want to appreciate better 'quality' of music, you will need to listen to music in higher resolution than mp3 or what is available on you tube.

Best,
APK

Upvote 0