Absolute Phase brings the Rethm Trishna to Bangalore ( 1st one in India)

Absolute Phase

Guys we are happy to announce that we just received the 1st Rethm Trishna Hornloaded speakers.

All demos will be from coming Monday, as I need to burn them in for at least 50-100 hours for them to open up.

Jacob has improved the fit and finish of these wonderful speakers by 200%. I am very proud to be an Indian and this product literally speaks of itself. No words can do justice without listening to them and seeing the finish. Hats off to you Jacog George, you are a genuis!:clapping:

BEST VALUE
NEW SPEAKER UNDER $5,000

The new $4,500 Rethm Trishna by Jacob George accomplished something that few speakers equaled, and that is the ability to completely disappear - without any room acoustics enhancements - leaving a floor to ceiling, wall to wall soundstage that was equally detailed, airy, transparent and beautifully musical. The level of dynamics, especially from a 1.5 watt amp, was surprising. Even the low end, while not fully extended to the lowest reaches, was impressive.

After the show, Jacob checked in again: "Here are a few reactions to the new Trishna from the just concluded RMAF. Neil Gader of The Absolute Sound called it "one of the brightest surprises of the show. :DDesigned for smaller rooms, it retains the beautiful eccentricity of the larger models yet retains the designers vision with its paper-coned full-range driver in a narrow horn-loaded cabinet. The active bass is handled by twin 5" woofers in a sealed isobaric enclosure powered by an internal 75W FET amp. And the sound? Detailed and open with surprising extension given the speakers small footprint. Price: $4500."

"Stereomojo awarded it best new speaker under $5.000. :yahoo:Computer Audiophile said that "...another favorite of mine was Still Audio showing off his brand new 45-driven amps pushing a huge 1.5wpc into some baby Rethm speakers. These little guys with their oddball shape and Lowther drivers sounded fantastic. Great bass, effortless everything else. Very surprising. The amps and pre are all new from Still - and Still is itself very new. Very impressive freshman showing and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them in the future."

Then Jacob threw in a surprise. "We have been busy making changes to the Trishna after I got back. Despite the good feedback at the show, I personally wasn't entirely happy with the bass response. We have therefore decided to go to two 6.5-inch woofers with a bigger isobaric chamber. We had to do quite a bit of reworking to make this possible. We are also reworking the Maarga and making cosmetic changes to the Saadhana so that all of them follow the aesthetic lead set by the new Trishna. And, Milind is working on two new drivers - one for the Maarga, one for the Saadhana."

All demos via prior appointment only! No walk-ins please.

Last edited:
had a chance to listen to Big Bro Saadhana at prems..if that is anything to go by, ths one should be a Cracker of a Speaker

Hi,

Congratulations .

I have read on another forum that Jacob has moved away from the Lowther drivers for the Trishna and is using custom made drivers by Peerless India.

Regards
Rajiv

someday i am looking forward to owning these beauties..

Rethm Trishna Specifications.

Full range:

Horn loaded labyrinth: 1.68m ( 5'-7" ) length
Full range driver: Custom designed
5 inch paper cone w/whizzer
Foam surround
Voice coil dia.: 25mm
Sensitivity: 95 db/w/m at 1khz, or mean averaged from 200hz to 2khz

Bass:

Sealed Isobaric chamber: 10.3 lit. volume.
Bass drivers: Custom designed; 2 units per enclosure
6.5 inch paper cone
coated fabric surround
Voice coil dia: 25 mm
Sensitivity ( of each driver ): 91 db/w/m
Bass module amplification: one monobloc per enclosure
FET amplifier
Max. output: 80 wpc @ 4 ohms.

System:

Loudspeaker sensitivity: 96 db/w/m.
Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
Frequency response: 32 Hz to 20 Khz.

Minimum amplification power: 2 wpc

Dimensions:

H x D x W : 1000mm ( 3'-4" ) x 370mm ( 1'-3" ) x 170mm ( 6.7" )
Weight per enclosure: 19 kg ( 42 lbs )
Shipping weight per carton ( 2 cartons ): 26kg ( 58 lbs )

Hats off to you, hope you get some guys to buy it and then start singing its praises in it's homeland!

Thanks George, three already gone! Do drop in for a demo. The Rethm Trishna has been reviewed by Sam Tellig of Stereophile in the July issue.

Getting better as they burn-in. Have the review in pdf, can email it to you.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking speakers these are. I had a taste of the Sadhnas at Prem's a year ago, and I liked them immensely. I also wrote about them briefly in this forum in a post or two. I believe, since then Prem's Sadhnas also went through some changes. I like to know what is the difference in the sound signature between the Sadhnas I heard at Prem's and these Trishnas.
Regards.

Asit,
Prem's are with lowther drivers and they are the reference Rethms. These are the entry level ones with custom-built drivers which are better. No words can do justice, do come and listen! After all hifi and music is very subjective and its very important you hear for yourself, rather than get opinions from others.

@ Prithvi,
Any clue on its placement requirement, i.e. distance from rear and side wall?
Also, the info on recommended minimum volume of the room. The speakers are looking very impressive. I had opportunity of hearing Rethm Sadhana at your place. Unforgettable experience.
Regards

Amit,
Like ANY speaker, the Rethms sound best away from the walls. Distances -- can only be optimised once the speaker is placed in a room, and listened to. But by and large, any loudspeaker -- and let me reiterate again, that this is not just for the Rethms, but for ANY loudspeaker -- sounds its best when it is pulled in about 1/4 to 1/3 of the length into the room. I am talking "ideal" here. As far as side walls are concerned -- we have noticed that the Rethms are not particularly sensitive to this, and can even be as close as a foot from the side walls.

The Trishna's are probably best suited to rooms between 2000 and 3000 cu.ft. But then..... And I claim I am getting good sound in a room that is almost double that, in my living room! But just now shifted into my demo room and it sound awesome there.

Hi!

I would appreciate some more information about the speaker cables, interconnects and power cords. Prices if possible. Would they work well in non Rethm digital source/ss amp set ups?

Hi Ajay124

Rethms stuff is very very good. I use their speaker cables and am very happy with it. You could check with Jacob if he could send you the cables for trial. Jaibir on this forum also uses their cables.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back