Acer H5380BD Thread

afterlife2

Hi I just registered today after seeing the awesome Acer 5370 thread and since there is no thread for the 5380 I thought I'd start one here. Please share your thoughts and plenty of pics. :yahoo:
My New Acer Projector Setup. Here We Go....

The Goods:

The Classy Looking Small Remote, which has to be replaced:

The nice carrying case, remote, moniter cable and PJ ac plug:

PJ closeup:

PJ coolness Uno:

PJ coolness Dos:

On side wall by the kitchen. As you can see it looks real nice, but much better in person. 73 inches across. Netflix and movie is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues:

Side wall kitchen. Netflix and movie is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues:

Couch area side wall. 63 inches across. Jimmy Kimmell and Guest Jack Black:

Couch area side wall. Jimmy Kimmell and Guest Jack Black:

Couch area side wall. Blu-ray Zero Dark Thirty ending credits. As you can see the blacks are good:

Will post more pics after I get the 100 inch(92.5) 16:9 Projection Screen and 3D glasses(Got them yesterday:eek:hyeah:). Stay Tuned...

They look really cool. Have a blast in new year with a great projector.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks for starting this thread.

Please discover below option with this model.

How to use Mini USB port with ACER H5380BD projector?

As I connected my laptop using Mini USB port, But by pressing Source button from projector remote, it is not showing USB B as Source, even dedicated USB B button is available on projector remote, but it is not working.

Please help me to How I can use USB B port in ACER H5380BD projector.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Please discover below option with this model.

How to use Mini USB port with ACER H5380BD projector?

As I connected my laptop using Mini USB port, But by pressing Source button from projector remote, it is not showing USB B as Source, even dedicated USB B button is available on projector remote, but it is not working.

Please help me to How I can use USB B port in ACER H5380BD projector.

fourk I tried using it for my DVR hard drive and it did not work for me either. No biggie my DVR has HDMI, but would have been nice if it did work. I'm sure there is a way, but I don't know yet.

Congrats and me too have one. :)

I think the mini-USB is for updating the firmware only. There is no mention of it being used to connect a hard disk or play through that.
You can check the readme of the projector, it mentions that!

Congrats and me too have one. :)

I think the mini-USB is for updating the firmware only. There is no mention of it being used to connect a hard disk or play through that.
You can check the readme of the projector, it mentions that!
Thanks I never did get a manual from the seller. jithudigitised let's see some pics.:clapping:

i am projecting to the wall which is light green in color, as i ordered a screen just a week back only. :)

Here are some pics (Car's bluray disc and ISL) that i already shared in the Acer 5370Bd thread too.

Attachments

• IMG_20140929_204022747_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140929_204022747_HDR.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_20141002_214136500_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141002_214136500_HDR.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_20141030_200305677_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141030_200305677_HDR.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 547
Looking good man. Thanks I DL the manual. I got my screen yesterday. Will try it this weekend hopefully and take pics.

Hi, guys!

I am also thinking about buying Acer H5380BD, but all the Internet pics and you tube videos look a bit washed out of color. Is the picture from Acer H5380BD really washed out of color or it is only accidental that the pics look like that? Because if you will compare it with BENQ W1070 for example the picture from BENQ W1070 looks fantastic.

Hi pmusiaowski No the picture is excellent. You are never going to get the exact quality in a camera picture. It's stunning in person.

Well put up the 100(really 92 inch and huge in my tiny apt.) screen in the afternoon yesterday and I must say it looks amazing.:yahoo: I thought that I would never own a PJ, but with Fuzz thread it made me wonder if I should get one? They have come down in price, so I thought hey why not? I found one on ebay refurb for a great price. The DVD's(Shakira) don't fare as well on a large screen(50-60 inch it looks amazing), but looks decent if you are a bit back in your chair. The SQ on the BD of course is great though. Now the Stevie Wonder BD Live In London looks AMAZING.:clapping: I moved up closer and the PQ/SQ was amazing. It shockingly just breath taking. I can't wait till my family comes over to check it out. The 3D demo from AVS that Fuzz suggested looked amazing and had me ducking, lol.:eek: I 'd never been to a 3D movies in the theater, only as a kid they had one on TV that was kinda cool, but not great. So I didn't want to waste money on it. Well guess what? I really like it. :) Anyways here are some pics I took yesterday:

As you can see the PQ is really nice, but of course way better in person.

hi all,

planning to take a plunge on 3D projector.... One of my friend will be returning from US in two weeks. I am seeking your advice on procuring this PJ there (through Newegg) and asking my friend to bring it here.

1. Which way it is better to get it? in cabin baggage possible (without packing) Or in luggage.
2. Is there any chance that customs here will account this for the import duty assuming that he will bring a few other stuff costing around 50k (including this PJ). Can the duty be avoided by showing as used item.
3. If I have to pay duty, my landing cost would be 34-35k while the risk is mine. but if I buy from amazon.de at today's price, the landing cost will be 36k, and i believe it less risk. So IMO, buying in US is worth only if I could skip duty. Any advice.

Reading some previous thread, it seems people have comfortably bring PJs in cabin baggage/luggage, but still wants a latest opinion :)

thanks in advance .....

Last edited:
Anyone here try the 3D 24P 144 HZ? I tried it on Sin City 3D and it looked weird. What is this suppose to do really?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back