Acoustic Portrait Records - Indian Classical Music

Nikhil

Staff member
Acoustic Portrait Records has started releasing some amazing recordings for a couple of months now. Their work has been shared on the forum but I would like to create a discussion area for their work here so forum members can find out more on their recordings.

Link: Acoustic Portrait Records

I hope that this area becomes as popular as some of our other discussions on here.

I bought a couple of albums. The recording has rawness to the tone and slight reverb ( could be the room). Its a pleasure listening and I am enjoying them.

I bought a couple of albums. The recording has rawness to the tone and slight reverb ( could be the room). Its a pleasure listening and I am enjoying them.

That's interesting! Do you mean that this gives a little liveliness to the sound?

Great post Nikhil

I also bought a couple of Albums and I would put the sound as real as it can get to a live performance based on my very limited memory of such events.There is does not appear to be any processing applied hence the true rawness of music and instruments can be heard like most Unplugged albums .
While I do not really know the musicians, the sound of instruments like the violin and any of the percussion is about as real as I have heard anywhere eg one can almost feel the vocal cords of the singers

From what I understood, Siva uses some pretty serious recording equipment

Last edited:
Can you name the titles? I think AP moved up the equipment ladder after the isai selvam and lilting melodies. These two had slight veil over the sound and a bit raw. The Sunaada (both volumes) sounded very transparent and soulful

Can you name the titles? I think AP moved up the equipment ladder after the isai selvam and lilting melodies. These two had slight veil over the sound and a bit raw. The Sunaada (both volumes) sounded very transparent and soulful
I bought 2 studio masters - Yaksha Dhwani and Raag Bhageshri

Thanks. I shall explore these.

I have been on look out as well. I saw this movie in Amazon prime and fell in love with the song. The audio quality in Prime is far superior to whats in YouTube.
Ok, that’s odd.Just checked, the movie is on Netflix as well :)

Has anyone tested any of the three formats (320kbps, CD, hi-res FLAC) against each other for the same track?
Maybe a review of the music rather than the equipment. @Nikhil , @square_wave , @arj

+1 Definitely worth doing but I no longer have a CD Transport.
Perhaps someone with a Transport can volunteer as there is no point in comparing HiRes with mp3

But for what it's worth the samples even on Youtube sound superb.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back