Acoustic Potrait thiyaga v2 dac

vinaymoturi

Hi forum members,
I recently bought a Acoustic Potrait thiyaga v2 dac from forum member. There is no user manual for the dac. I contacted AP and they said to refer ess datasheet which is very technical and cant understand it. I request any of the same dac users to let me know the best settings. My source is intel NUC with snakeoil OS which has upsampling option. There is no output from dac when i do upsampling.

Thanks in advance

What bit rate are you upsampling too ?
And I am assuming you are using USB input of dac

Just to check try upsampling to 176 once and then see if it Works

sorry if the answer is obvious but what is the maximum sampling frequency that the DAC (chip and interface) itself supports?

Please ensure that sample rate on playback software and at operating system’s sound setting are same. Please let us know if that works.

The "data" is on AP's website for that product. Click "Specification"
What resampler are you using for upsampling in Snakeoil? libsamplerate or SoX?
Tried both

Please ensure that sample rate on playback software and at operating system’s sound setting are same. Please let us know if that works.
It is headless os. I can access it through web application only. Do mean to check in alsa

It is headless os. I can access it through web application only. Do mean to check in alsa
Yes, probably. Can't say for sure because I have never used this OS.
I would also recommend to try what you are trying to do with a Windows computer first to ensure your DAC is capable. In Windows, this is where I want you to check. If your desired sample rate isn't available here, that means you need some special driver. If you already have the driver installed, that means your DAC does not support the sample rate you are trying to run in.

1627144543840.png

Yes, probably. Can't say for sure because I have never used this OS.
I would also recommend to try what you are trying to do with a Windows computer first to ensure your DAC is capable. In Windows, this is where I want you to check. If your desired sample rate isn't available here, that means you need some special driver. If you already have the driver installed, that means your DAC does not support the sample rate you are trying to run in.

View attachment 60061
I am familiar with this. but my os is entirely different thank you..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back