• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Active 2.1 speaker system without proprietary connections

HiFiMART.com

Neeraj0272

I want to buy a 2.1 powered speaker system for my tv and music as well. I want to buy systems like Edifier or Swans but they all have some weird connectors like VGA or 5 pin round connectors to connect to satellite speakers.
I have already made provisions for concealed speaker cable on both side of the tv and installed a shelf above wall mounted tv for any amp or sub.
Is there any option where I can use normal speaker cables? I would prefer powered speakers with sub instead of a separate amp and sub with passive speakers.
Can I modify these weird connectors by either attaching some type of connectors and then use my concealed speaker wire? Or can I splice open these cables with connectors and then joining my speaker wires by soldering and taping?
Also one more thing is I would want to wall mount satellite speakers. But in these powered speakers, there is no option of wall mounting.