Active 3D or Passive 3D( LED TV)??

Active 3D or passive 3D (LED tv)??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it looks like very less number of people are loving 3D TVs..

only 9 votes out of >140 views :)

Dont feel bro... there's a diff btw love and like. most people like 3D tvs but dont love. may be thats the reason.
To be honest even i couldnt vote here coz i happen to see 3D very rarely and cannot get a chance to see same video on both passive and active at same time. so i cannot able to decide which one is best.

Let me ask you one thing, what is the reason behind creating this thread?!!! (excuse my noob question).

Dont feel bro... there's a diff btw love and like. most people like 3D tvs but dont love. may be thats the reason.
To be honest even i couldnt vote here coz i happen to see 3D very rarely and cannot get a chance to see same video on both passive and active at same time. so i cannot able to decide which one is best.

Let me ask you one thing, what is the reason behind creating this thread?!!! (excuse my noob question).

To know what is members choice.. I like passive bcoz of light and no recurring cost (however, they included with TV cost :))... I am planning to buy in next 3-4 months..

To know what is members choice.. I like passive bcoz of light and no recurring cost (however, they included with TV cost :))... I am planning to buy in next 3-4 months..

why do u need members choice? bcoz u will use them in your future purchase, right na? we all know this, thats why we come here. :D

I think you have read the thread, the one suggested above by 'theironhorse'. really helpful discussion was there, it was a year ago. if you have already read and asking here again means, may be you want latest information/choices from members here. unlike 2D its definitely a personal preference what one likes to see 3D in active or passive. you'll get only technical information their personal choices here, and it'll help 20-30% of your buying. you know this, you have to see it practically in a multi-brand showroom side by side, may be an hour or more and decide yourself. its only you who decides which is best for you! who knows you may like 'active' one after seeing it personally. believe ur eyes.

BTW i'm also in the same boat you are in!!! ;) But, i'm little hesitant go further looking at all these panel problems, short life-span irrespective of company. bcoz a good 3D tv will cost u morethan 70-90k, what if the tv gets problems in 2-3years and u happen to pay 30-40k again. i'm not discouraging u, may be its more of a luck thing which could be in ur favor ur tv will run atleast 5years. :sad:

So far, as I have seen in this forum regarding 3D passive one having detailed information/discussion is on LG LA6910 only. I'm impressed by the responses from owners of this tv and liked it... but, have not seen it practically. you can put this on top of your shortlist, as you liked the passive! :)

with me cost is an issue only. reg LED life span and other problems... can be sorted out with extended warranty cover.
PQ what you liked is best :)
3D is in future tech, its still innovating has not become commodity.

However i had also same state of mind.. :)

According to me , I shall share my experience..
Active:
Advantage :Depth & clarity is much higher compared to passive
Disadvantages: Flickering will be some problem..and eye strain will be more compared to passive but if habituated will not be a problem.. (eyestrain hugely depends upon the content which we are watching whether it is a original 3D film or a converted one from 2D..coz converted one will starin the eyes more)
Passive:
Advantages:
It is flicker free ,easy to handle & simple,eyestrain will be lesser.
Disadvantages
Depth & clarity was not upto the mark as Active ones.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back