Active System with BEYMA 15CXA400FE COAXIAL Drivers, Finally Arrived !!!

Re: Beyma 15CXA400Fe Co-Ax Drivers Based Active Speakers

Looks quite interesting. Kanwar would be the right person to ask about it in India I think.

Word! Kanwar likes these drivers very much. He has to be the go to man for this.

Thanks jai & ranjeet,

Sent kanwar a PM, await his reply.

As per Kanwar , these beyma's will fit into my cabinet without the crossover needing to be tweaked!!! And as per him, these beyma's are awesome!

Hi Denom

Would suggest the neo magnet instead of the ferrite. They have 2 models. One of them goes down to 25 Hz.

Interesting. HFV crowd used to frown upon pro audio gear but now we see better acceptance. Not that I am complaining. :D

Yes - Kanwar is the right person to ask about these.

Thanxz denom,

The best design for that driver would be Advanced Transmission Line ofcourse. If you look at its FR, one can easily make out only lacking aspect is around LF under 50hz and ATL here can act as a tool for reinforcing the lower octaves substantially down to 30hz very easily.

The cone being lighter just 90gms for a 15incher along with stiff suspension owing to Triple Wedged Surround and push pull spider, you will get a chest thumping Midbass also. No-doubt that this driver is my favorite among modern coaxials.:licklips:

Its natural midrange response is very good, having used it in Active monitors, i can say they excel in that area as well.
Hi Denom
Would suggest the neo magnet instead of the ferrite. They have 2 models. One of them goes down to 25 Hz.
The 15XA38Nd you are talking about has lower FS @ 33hz but has a drawback which is also found in Tannoy Monitor gold drivers as well, The LACK OF HF DISPERSION. You need to focus the speakers towards your ears to get full fledged HF response.

Whereas the Altecs 604 and Beyma 15CXA400 have HF Horn/Flare attached to them which gives a very wide HF dispersion. You don't have to sit in front of the speaker in order to fill the loss in HF. Flare takes care of HF and disperses it evenly across the audience and you get a room filling HF.;)
As per Kanwar , these beyma's will fit into my cabinet without the crossover needing to be tweaked!!! And as per him, these beyma's are awesome!
Yes the Active XO point will remain same, since both the drivers share nearly similar cone sizes. Only minor tweaking in active EQ would be required though in order to compensate for the cabinet response.

Yes The Beyma Coaxials are pretty Awesome.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Bro, yea kanwar has made things crystal with his posts.

Hi Denom

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the other beyma driver suggestion, on which kanwar has shared his views.

Interesting. HFV crowd used to frown upon pro audio gear but now we see better acceptance. Not that I am complaining. :D

Yes - Kanwar is the right person to ask about these.

But then you are also part of HFV! Are you frowning too :p
BTW, I know exactly where your coming from & towards which 'crowd' it was directed :eek:hyeah:

Thanks Kanwar. There are 2 Neo models. The other one has similar specs as the ferrite. If the specs are acceptable I would choose the Neo over the ferrite

Thanks Kanwar. There are 2 Neo models. The other one has similar specs as the ferrite. If the specs are acceptable I would choose the Neo over the ferrite

Hi Prem,

15CXA400Nd Due to Neo magnet assembly, it will be quite expensive. Rest, the specs are good.

Hi Kanwar, well that's Denoms call. It's going to be a one time purchase. The extra dollars might be well spent

Hi Kanwar, well that's Denoms call. It's going to be a one time purchase. The extra dollars might be well spent

Only if he is willing to purchase them... :eek:hyeah:

Only if he is willing to purchase them... :eek:hyeah:

That depends on what the guru offers as a package deal ;)

Kindly work out the costing so that I know how much harder I have to save for the same!

Hi Denom

All those exotic single malts can go into the Neo. See you already have a solution

Prem, Why do you favour Neo magnet, any specific reasons? :)

15CXA400Nd Due to Neo magnet assembly, it will be quite expensive. Rest, the specs are good.

out of curiosity, what ballpark prices do these drivers (neo magnet one) retail for? How about the ferrite (less expensive) one?

Bemya is a Spanish company, right? Do you have to source it directly from Spain or are there local dealers available?

Thanks,
APK

I heard the Lowther Ferrite and Neo. Ferrite seemed a little sluggish in comparison. I do not know if this observation is valid for all brands.

out of curiosity, what ballpark prices do these drivers (neo magnet one) retail for? How about the ferrite (less expensive) one?

Bemya is a Spanish company, right? Do you have to source it directly from Spain or are there local dealers available?

Thanks,
APK

The Ferrite version is around 60K for a pair without taxes.

Yes they have dealers in India as well.

I heard the Lowther Ferrite and Neo. Ferrite seemed a little sluggish in comparison. I do not know if this observation is valid for all brands.

Thanxz for the input Prem

One drawback of Neo magnet in pro-audio field is risk of loss in flux density at high temperature operation owing to voice coil temperature reaches 200C . Hence they are equipped with heatsinks often.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back