Address Proof card as ID from India Post

sgmane

Hi Folks,

Many working people often shift their houses. Its difficult to produce an address proof issued by govt with the latest address.Our India Post (Post Office) has come up with a solution.

Now you can get an address proof along with your photo from India post. Since the ID proof is issued by India post which is a Central Government organization, it is similar to other ID cards like Driving license, Voters ID etc. It can be used for opening bank accounts, for getting telephone and gas connections etc.

The total cost for getting this ID card is Rs.250/ (Rs.10 for application and Rs.240/- processing fee).

I have to check though! I thought to share this first hand information i got, to you folks! Check out at your nearest post office for any further details.

I do have the online application form (pdf format), but not sure if i can upload the same here. If any of you require, pm me your email address. I shall send it across.

Something like this will be very beneficial as there are lots of people here who relocate often.

Hi folks,
I have sent to members who requested the pdf. I would like to inform you that, some of them requested, but their email address was absent. If you need the form, i will need the email address so that i can send the same to you.

Post application - can it be done, mod? Can that be downloaded by other members? Iam not sure, is there any download option available. That's the reason, i informed to do a pm.

this is good to know information, once we have few members use the ID cards made it will be good to have a feedback on the same.

hey - I have address proof for myself, but I do not have any for my mother. How can I get one for her? This service is not yet in north it seems, and I need the proofs urgently.

I had no address proof whatsoever. Though my flat was registered in my name none wanted to take the sale deed as address proof.
Finally was one off the first to get the Proof of Address Card from the Postal dept.,

The process goes like this.. Once the form is submitted the local postman visits your place of residence and ascertains that you do stay there.
Once that is done it takes a month for the card to come. You then go to to the Post office and pick it up.

using this now I have a Milk card, gas connection and have also applied for a Ration Card.

BTW a funny thing happened during a routine vehicle check , instead of showing my Driving License , I accidentally showed this and the cop jumped and saluted saying " OK SAAR " . Only then did I notice the Govt Of India seal on it.:eek:hyeah:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back