Advice sought on best amplifier for Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 Towers.

atozguy

Hi

I am finalising a deal on (used) Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 Towers next week. I seek expert advice for a suitable imported amplifier or AV Receiver. I plan to use Diamond 9.1 for Rear. My Budget is max 15K. Usage will be Movies 25% Music 50% Games 25%. Is buying a subwoofer worth to go along with Wharfedales?

power rating of speaker is 150 W RMS at 6 ohms.

Thanks in advance.

Gopinath J

onkyo, denon, yamaha are all good. i wouldnt recommend harman kardon since its not so great for music set ups. listen to the above and see what suits your ears

onkyo, denon, yamaha are all good. i wouldnt recommend harman kardon since its not so great for music set ups. listen to the above and see what suits your ears

I have narrowed it to Marrantz Amp PM 7003 and Dennon AVR 2310 CI. There is another issue among these two. PM 7003 is under powered for the power rating of speakers with power rating of 70/100 Watts at 8/4 ohms, whereas 2310 CI delivers 135 Watts at 6 ohms.

I love deep bass. Should I select the 2310CI, even though it is a AVR and not a dedicated amplifier like the Marrantz PM7003?

There is another thread active about pairing wharf 9.5 with Marantz 6003. Please go through that.You will get your answers.

By the way where are you getting 7004 for 15k? I thought you said your budget is that but your chosen options have higher prices.

The Marantz PM 7003 is a dedicated-stereo amp... Even 70 watts is enough to drive these Wharfedale 9.5s.... Since u mentioned u are going to use the 9.1 s for Rear//Surround sounds there is no question that u can use it with a Marantz PM7003 amp which is a 2channel amp only......... If u want to go for Hometheatre surround sound setup u have to go for denon 2310........
With the dedicated Stereo Marantz amp of 70 watts the sound quality will be many times better compared to a 120 watts AVR like denon 1911 or 2311 or 2310...but u wont get surround sounds//effects... for tat u need an AVR

so decide u need a 2ch amp
or 5.1 ht setup....
And if u r getting 2310 at a low price I would suggest tat as its powerful enough to drive the Whrfedales 9.5

And if Marantz 7003 does not set in yr budget (I don think u will get it anywhere for 15K) then u can settle for NORGE 1000 which gels very well with Wharfedales..

I have narrowed it to Marrantz Amp PM 7003 and Dennon AVR 2310 CI. There is another issue among these two. PM 7003 is under powered for the power rating of speakers with power rating of 70/100 Watts at 8/4 ohms, whereas 2310 CI delivers 135 Watts at 6 ohms.

I love deep bass. Should I select the 2310CI, even though it is a AVR and not a dedicated amplifier like the Marrantz PM7003?

i dont think the ratings should be an issue. it will be able to drive it well.

There is another thread active about pairing wharf 9.5 with Marantz 6003. Please go through that.You will get your answers.

By the way where are you getting 7004 for 15k? I thought you said your budget is that but your chosen options have higher prices.

Thanks for the suggestion. I meant a used one.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back