Advise needed on good home theater

visakara

My budget is Rs 1.5 lakhs.Could you pls recommond a good home theater system
Also what are the steps to be taken while constructing the room which is of 11x16 size

i assume that the system is more for ht rather than music. is your budget just speakers / amp or also for dvd player and tv

Thanks for your reply.My budget of 1.5 Lakhs is only for AV receiver and speakers.Shall I opt for a separate make AV and separate make speakers.I am novice in this line.I require this for music as well as movies.

hi visakara
for speakers the kef iq series, monitor audio bronze. im not to sure on prices in india but i think you should be able to get the monitor audio silver series - that would be first prize. if youre going for a 5.1 then you wont need floorstanders for fronts. bookshelves would do. if youre into music then for the amp harman kardon is a no no. try the cambridge (price may be an issue) or the onkyo or the marantz.

Thanks for your reply.My budget of 1.5 Lakhs is only for AV receiver and speakers.Shall I opt for a separate make AV and separate make speakers.I am novice in this line.I require this for music as well as movies.

would suggest separate brands on amp and speakers

Last edited:

That's a pretty decent budget to build a HT system (AVR + Speakers). Please go thru some of the threads on this site in forums like,
  • Introductions
  • Surround Amp/Receivers
  • Speakers
  • AV Cables
  • AV Accessories
  • AV Enhancers and Room Acoustics
  • My Audio/Video setup
The last 2 forums have threads on do's-n-dont's for construction, acoustic treatment etc.

Also, go thru this thread

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back