Advise on Amp

SumeetD

Hi Guys,

I listen to a lot of Heavy Metal and rock and am also an avid movie buff (World War 2 Flicks especially) I needed some help in figuring out the right power amp to be bought for the Marantz AV8801 pre amp. I don't want to buy the MM8807 as it does not drive all channels simultaneously at full power.

My Denon 3805 (ancient) currently powers my JBL L890, JBL L820, JBL LC2 and L8400P subwoofer plus a pair of Bose 301's as LBS and RBS. I'm not too happy with the sound or the output and that's why I want an amp which will drive these speakers easily without breaking a sweat and bring out the best in them.

Please suggest a heavy duty 7 channel amp which would produce clear music plus give my kind of music ,the added thump. I was thinking oft he Outlaw 7700. My budget is abou1 to 1.25 lacs for the power amp.

Please suggest an equally good amp and a place in Bangalore where i can buy them from. Thanks

Sumeet

Hi,

Outlaw 7700 for JBL's. oh thanks Bad Combo.. You could use it for a while, and am sure you would shift for Speakers later soon.

Naim or Krell would sure satisfy your taste at this Budget. Also think about the speaker upgrade too.

Last edited:
Take a look at
1) Crown XLS series Amp
2) QSC RMXa series Amp
Both should be able to meet your sound requirements.

Give Jacob a call at Rontek Systems- He should be able to provide what your looking for 9845047290

Back