Advise subwoofer around 30k

trimar

I am planning to purchase a good subwoofer and my budget is around 30k. After reading some reviews in this forum I short listed following subs.

1. BIC america f12 - 34k
2. velodyne impact 12 - 34k
3. polk dsw 550. - 34K

Please suggest which one is better option among the above. I was quite surprised that avenue sound increased the BIC f12 price to 41k. Any other dealers for BIC f12 in HYderabad or Bangalore?

For Movies Velodyne Impact 12 none sounds as impactful as that one at that price but if for music look at Wharfedale SW150. Wharfedale is the most musical at its price point and beyond. As for Polk get the DSW660 if at all.

Hi

Pro FX sells the Polk 550wi....you may get a 10-20% discount.....sounds well.....

BIC America F12 is also good.....

Audition and decide....

Hi efernand1 & Anuj, thank you for your suggestions.

One of my friend has been using BIC F12 since long time. I am quite impressed with the performance of BIC. The price quoted by avenue sound is out of my budget. Please provide the info about BIC distributors in india.

I have the polk DSW 550 wi bought it a few days back. Very happy with it. Never got a chance to audition the other subs.
I auditioned the 660 also but I felt the 550 was tighter in the bass. The 660 was much more loud and spread out.

Thanks Celester340,
I read your review about polk dsw550 which is very impressive. I keep your suggestions before I finalize the sub.

I am using Velodyne impact 12 sub. Excellent sub at that price range. It has the punch and low end that you need for the movies. You can also check JBL sub 250p 10" sub at your budget.

Avenuesound india is dealing wit the BIC subs. Try contacting them for the details.

hi kaptan,
I already contacted avenuesound, the price quoted for BIC f12 is 40k. So I am trying for other dealers. I will go for velodyne, if didn't get BIC f12 in my budget. How is the performance of velodyne for music?

hi kaptan,
I already contacted avenuesound, the price quoted for BIC f12 is 40k. So I am trying for other dealers. I will go for velodyne, if didn't get BIC f12 in my budget. How is the performance of velodyne for music?

It really blends well with my morduant short towers. the sub gets to show its power while you throw some bass guitar, cellos, drum tracks. I would say this sub is more than enough to enjoy great music & movies. Take your favorite tracks and try to audition in your nearest showroom. I would definitely say it is totally worth for the money you pay. If you are more into music try Wharfedale subs they are equally good.

While buying this sub I auditioned Wharfedale, SVS, Monitor audio, Q aqoustics. Velodyne won over these. I would have gone for svs but my budget did not permit. Will add another sub later to my set up.

Dude increase your budget and go for SVS subwoofer . You wont disappoint with it. I have tried polks and velodyne before, and settled with SVS now.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back