This is the all-in-one tube buffer comes as a kit and I got the best parts with all carbon film resistors along with audiophiler input and Cornell Dubilier coupling caps. As it is all-in-one so the power supply for both the Heater and B+ sections is in-built on to the board for a small size form. This is superbly built as usual with heavy copper traces.
During one of the DIY mods I think I used the wrong polarity of the heater/B+ wiring from the transformer and burnt one of the caps on the power supply which I replaced but still could not find the issue with the testing process of having voltage on the tube sockets as per the manual. I also got a original replacement of the power regulator on the small heat sink but still unable to find the issue with the power supply. With frequent travel because of my work not able to dedicate the time to debug this board which otherwise is a highly recommended on every tube forum. So buyers please note that this board needs to be bought by someone who can debug (or get it rectified before using the same) the issue of power supply and it seems to me a easy one considering very few components on the supply side.
Price - Rs. 6000/- + shipping extra and a very reasonable price considering the quality of the items, build overall if importing from US.
Now coming to the items for sale, it comes with the fully built board with good resistors, caps as shown in the picture. I also have either a Toroidal (Torotrans) 120-0-120v / 12-0-12v 2A transformer or a local made EI core of 120-0-120v 3A. Buyer can either opt for the Toroidal or EI core and the price includes the fully built board + one of the transformer + NOS 12SN7 tubes. Shipping as I said extra and I would prefer to ship only the board as the transformer is pretty heavy, then the price would be 5k + shipping only for the board. Hence I prefer local buyers who can check the items and pick up from my home or I can deliver if close by.
Please note that I was using the Tungsol 6SN7 tubes hence the jumper J2 is used. The buyer can check the manual to replace it to J3 (if I am not wrong) so that 12SN7 tubes can be used.
Here are the pictures of the same. PM me if you are interested.
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.