Air Conditioner blower making whooshing sound

blackystrat

Hello

This is my first post in this forum. I have seen threads on air conditioning here so I thought of seeking advice from you all regarding my AC problem.

I have a Samsung Crystal+ split AC of 1.5 ton that i have been using since the last year. Of late I have noticed that the AC makes a whooshing sound constantly and it is more prominent when the blower works at the lowest speed.

I also feel that the flow of air from the vent is not uniform in a sense that the air blows fine from the left and right corners of the vent, but the flow is not consistent from the middle part of the vent. Sometimes I can feel the air coming from the middle portion of the vent and sometimes I can't. Maybe that's where my real problem lies.

I also feel that the cooling is not adequate. Previously the room used to get chilled at 25 degrees, but now it doesn't get that cool even at 24

I had called the samsung technicians and they said that it is because of dust accumulationon the filters; but even when I clean the filters, I still get the whooshing sound and inconsistent flow of air.

Please advice of what might have gone wrong with my AC. I think it's either the valve gone faulty or there is a chunk of dust accumulated somewhere which is obstructing the air flow and causing the whooshing sound.

Please advise

Thanks a lot

I used a Samsung 1.5HP for my music room and suffered similar problem within 3 months. First, it was something to do with a capacitor then low gas. Within six months, there was something else and I returned it to the manufacturer directly and told them to fix the problem once and for all. So maybe, it is the Samsung.

I replaced it with a Hitachi 2.0HP. Cant complain but I still think Samsung is slightly quieter than Hitachi. The Samsung came back after 3 months and is in my son's room and he too complains about the howling noise when the compressor kicks in.

if the whooshing sound is there even when the compressor is off, that means its the lower, there is a small bit of ducting in most blower units from the fins to the exit, maybe its deformed, if you are handy with a screw driver, remove the plastic shroud of the unit and check the ducting for deformation or obstruction, i very much doubt only dust causing this problem, if thats the case though you can use an old toothbrush to good effect, best of luck :)

Yeah, had the same problem and it is definitely the blower inside the split unit. For me it was covered with full of dust and had to be cleaned with air compression. The split unit needs to be completely dismantled and cleaned thoroughly and also need to check on the cooling gas level. You need a good a service person to do this. It would take atleast 3 to 4 hours to dismantle and service it completely.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Manthan - I think you're right. This whooshing sound was initially much louder, later on a service personnel came and cleaned the blower fans, the heat exchanger and everything and the sound was not there for a few days. However, within 10 days, it started again. So I think it's the dust on the blower that's causing this noise. Did you get a Samsung technician to service your unit or did you call in someone locally?

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Manthan - I think you're right. This whooshing sound was initially much louder, later on a service personnel came and cleaned the blower fans, the heat exchanger and everything and the sound was not there for a few days. However, within 10 days, it started again. So I think it's the dust on the blower that's causing this noise. Did you get a Samsung technician to service your unit or did you call in someone locally?

The Samsung technician or even any other dealers of other brands with their technicians do not dismantle the unit to clean the blower. It is of no use if they just clean the outer surface. These technicians are time bound and need to complete x number of jobs per day. Check around to see if you can find a good technician in your locality to do this. After completely cleaning the blower make sure to clean the filter every week to prevent the dust accumulation

Hi Mathan

You're right. These technicians from Samsung just clean the filters, brush the dirt off the heat exchanger and that's it, their servicing is done. They don't even bother opening the unit to clean it thoroughly

I am just wary of the level of quality that these local servicemen would provide. That's all

I will give it a shot anyways and let you all know how it goes

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back