air play

orthobuddy

hi frendz, "seasons greetings to all"
i am looking for av reciver with airplay with the suitable speaker system in the price range of 70-80k.:signthankspin::signthankspin:

hi..

Denon 1912, AVR supports Airplay..Mid Range AVR supporting Networking.. but doesnt support Upscaling..
Yamaha V671 & ONkyo 609 almost same pricing and features but both missing Airplay.

Denon 1912, costing app 45000, in bangalore ProFX..

Speakers well.. you have a lot of options depends upon Movie music % , room size, Budget....

also, why do you need integrated airplay? I have the airport express, thats all you need for airplay..costs just 6500 and and works like a charm, you can connect it anywhere to any other speaker also. And that will give you full freedom to choose your speakers+receiver combo.

If you must have integrated airplay, Denon 1912 and Pioneer VSX 1021 are the two cheapest receivers (both costing 40k+ in India), but I am afraid then you won't have enough budget left to get good 5 speaker combo+a good subwoofer, all of which is a must for a overall good setup. any good subwoofer will set you back by 18-20k minumum, so you will have just 20k left for a 5 speaker combo, so it will exceed your budget. you could have bought the denon 1912 from amazon.de within 30k till about 7 days ago, now they are not shiiping the 1912 to India anymore.

if you buy from India, given your budget, you would be better off with a receiver around 30k, there are many decent choices...Denon 1612, Onkyo 509, Marantz 5005 (available for 35k in hifimart.com), and then add 6500 for the airport express. Mind you, whether it is a integrated airplay or an airport express you need to have a wifi network already present in the house or a network point where you intend to put the AV receiver.

Last edited:
get the denon 1912 for around 40k its better than denon 1612 in terms of better audyssey and with 1612 you will need to buy additional airplay express adapter, more cost, so better get 1912 with all integrated

get the denon 1912 for around 40k its better than denon 1612 in terms of better audyssey and with 1612 you will need to buy additional airplay express adapter, more cost, so better get 1912 with all integrated

Even 1612 has auddyssey multeq, what benefit xt will have over multeq is highly debatable, even multeq benefit overall is highly debatable in a home setup. 1912 is definitely a better AVR, but there is no end to it, one can then argue for 2312 also..a newbie on a budget should invest proportionately to have quality components in all the items, disproportionately investing in the AVR will not create the ideal setup IMHO.

If you don't need the two new hdmi ports, and 7.1, 1912 is unlikely to give any meaningful benefit to a user unless he is a audiophile/videophile. The cost of the airport express is 6.5k. Just for that feature paying a 15-18k premium for the 1912 is not justified.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Surely DEnon is a good choice when it comes to receiver. Below is comparison chart for Denon receivers and Audyssey Calibration.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1MJnm9Fo4kCajVsYzJQb3lUMXlhSUE5UGswUWJOQQ

1912 has Airplay, but keep in mind Denon requires wired network connection for it work with Airplay. Other Alternative is to dedicate an old laptop with music on it on wireless network, run iTunes, download Apple Remote (free) and play you music. Ofcourse Airport Express is another option as suggested by @Koushikp.

Audyseey MultiEQ XT is better than MultiEQ. 1712 has better calibration (MultiEQ XT) than 1912, but no network, Airplay also analog to HDMI video.

5.1 Boston Acoustics PAckage may work better for you. BA, Denon and Marantz are all same company.

Ravi Macha
TechArt Home Theater

true, also denon doesn't sell a wifi dongle. One way to get around it of course is buying a wireless bridge, that would set one back by 2-3k..

also, why do you need integrated airplay? I have the airport express, thats all you need for airplay..costs just 6500 and and works like a charm.

As someone who owns 3 types of Airplay capable equipment (Marantz AV7005, Apple Airport Extreme, Apple TV), I agree completely wiyh Koushik. Dont mix the issues - buy the receiver or amp you really like for SQ, then just add an Apple TV for $99. In my experience, its the only Airplay that works consistently, is the cheapest solution, and u get a bunch of other stuff for free (youtube, radio etc.).

Viki

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back