• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Airplay connectivity problems

Love4sound

I used to connect my iPhone 7 using airplay and listen to music. Recently I am unable to connect and receive an error message as unable to connect to Denon 2400. I have done avr reset and also changed my mobile recently to iPhone XR. In airplay the Denon avr is detected but not connecting . Firmware up to date in both mobile and avr

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

superczar

I used to face a similar issue when my AVR was on wifi 2.4ghz
Switched it to the 5ghz channel and all's been well since

superczar

Ok. But it worked flawlessly for months suddenly stopped working. Will try upgrading my router.
Wait, if your AVR has an ethernet port, try testing with cable first to see if it resolves the issue
if not, try testing the AVR close to the router.
2,4ghz band has too much interference and limited bandwidth - thus even with high SnR ratios (i.e. strong signal) , there are a lot of packet drops which could be causing an initial failure to connect

Love4sound

Wait, if your AVR has an ethernet port, try testing with cable first to see if it resolves the issue
if not, try testing the AVR close to the router.
2,4ghz band has too much interference and limited bandwidth - thus even with high SnR ratios (i.e. strong signal) , there are a lot of packet drops which could be causing an initial failure to connect
Yeah will try lan first

superczar

Glad to hear.
That also indicates the band you are on is saturated /crowded
At the very least, scan and find a less crowded 2.4 band so that your other WiFi devices work properly (including your airplay source)
But Preferably , switch to 5ghz

SPONSORED ADS