Airtel HD dth 5.1 connection settings..?

Sahilonline25

HEy, i am new in here so please excuse me if i am a bit amature

OKay, so I have
Sony KLV600EX LED HDTV
Sony DAV810Z Hometheatre system (HTS)
And Airtel HD STB

I got two HDMI cables and one optical cable (toslink)
Since i was not able to connect toslink to my Airtel STB (different port) I
connected one end of my toslink to a miniplug to get it into airtel stb (into spdif )
other end of toslink is connected to my HTS (digital in ) port
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Gold-Plated-...Domain_203&hash=item1c2ad5d011#ht_3181wt_1139

I need to know the right connections for 5.1 sound on HTS and 1080i on TV for HD channels.

Thank YOu !

If Sony HT is audio/video receiver:
Airtel STB - HDMI - Sony HT (Video)
Airtel STB - Optical/Coax - Sony HT (Audio)
Sony HT - HDMI - TV

If Sony HT is only an audio receiver:
Airtel STB - HDMI - TV(Video)

Airtel has coaxial out on my STB, just connect the optical out to coaxial in of your receiver, and in the source setting for audio, change it to Coaxial and you will get 5.1 sound from HD channels.

Can someone please guide me on the setting for 5.1 connection with Airtel HD box and Onkyo 3300 AVR. I connected it through optical cable (spdif) and also changed the audio to optical in the AVR but I am getting only PCM output. The AVR has coaxial but the Airtel HD box has only optical output. Please let me know.

Airtel has coaxial out on my STB, just connect the optical out to coaxial in of your receiver, and in the source setting for audio, change it to Coaxial and you will get 5.1 sound from HD channels.

There is no coaxial in Airtel HD STB only optical is there. How do I connect to get 5.1 sound through Onkyo 3300 AVR. The strange thig is I am receiving sound output even if I disable optical in the setting for audio. Does that mean that sound output is coming through HDMI cable. I have the HDMI cable connected to Settop box=>AVR.

well with HDMI cable you will not get 5.1 sound, i think mine is old STB as i only have coaxial.

Remove the hdmi cable and try. Sometimes you need to assign digital input to hdmi port and set digital input as the audio source.

If i am not wrong, Airtel stb should have optical port! Can you take snap of ur backside of Airtel stb n post?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

no its just has spdif written on it.
Actually some versions of Airtel Stb have it some latest ones dont have optical.
thats why i used a mini plug

If Sony HT is audio/video receiver:
Airtel STB - HDMI - Sony HT (Video)
Sony HT - HDMI - TV

If Sony HT is only an audio receiver:
Airtel STB - HDMI - TV(Video)

as Sony HT has only one hdmi port i guess its just an audio receiver
i did your settings
but still no help...

I checked with a Onkyo service personal and he inspected and told that the airtel HD STB optical is not working and when connected with media player and bluray player the optical works. Seems the bug is in the airtel STB. I tried contacting the airtel customer service but they just hang up the phone. Not sure how to get this rectified now.

It was a software glitch in the airtel STB which prevented the 5.1 audio to reach the AVR. It seems the technican who came and did the installation of the Airtel STB stopped the software download. I was able to find out after fiddling with setup for a long time and called up Airtel and was able to complete the download. Now I am able to get the dolby symbol in the AVR and the output is also in Dolby digital. It seems like star movies and Star World has original sound track.

Guys,

Airtel HD box does support 5.1 channel sound through HDMI. There is a setting for that. We need to goto Settings - User Settings - Audio

Here we need to se Dolby Digital Plus for the HDMI audio output. That's it, we will get the 5.1 channel sound on the supported channels. Thanks.

There are 2 way to connect
1. If u connect Optical output from STB to Onkyo Receiver . You need to select audio source as optical in Onkyo menu .
2. If HDMI .. change to HDMi
Needless to say you need to change setting in STB too

Any one tried to figure any diff (Audio quality ) b.w SPDIF (Optical ) or HDMI for HD Channel (tru Dolby) ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back