Airtel HD Upgrade disappointment

addverma

Today I got my SD to HD+ upgrade for Airtel DTH. I must say that I am completely disappointed with the entire process and its output.

They gave me a STB with only HDMI ports. No Video Component output, i.e. no YPbPr/YCbCr out. The problem is that my TV has just 2 HDMI ports and now one port will be reserved for Airtel STB. If I want to attach my iPAD or my playstation I will have to remove cables and connect them again. The STB image shown on the website of Airtel did not match anything what was delivered. When I asked the technician for such a Airtel STB he said that it was not available.

Secondly there is no way to switch off the audio via HDMI. So HDMI cable still carries the audio signal.

Thirdly the STB does allow me to record programs but I cannot record a program A while I am viewing Program B. So background recording is not possible.

Fourthly no manual was provided to me for the STB. No new remote. No new power chord.

I am regretting already in carrying out this upgrade.

Did anyone of you have the same experience with a free upgrade of Airtel DTH to HD?

If your tv had 2 HDMI ports, then what is the problem? Use one port for STB permanently. Purchase a HDMI splitter and connect to other port of TV for your other gadgets.

Having HD and using TV audio? Time to invest in a receiver with a 5.1 audio setup to really enjoy that audio quality. Connect all sources to a receiver and just one hdmi out running to your display.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Fourthly no manual was provided to me for the STB. No new remote. No new power chord.

now that's strange. i think it's the handy work of the technician. the STB Box comes with Remote/Batteries/HDMI Cable and Power Adopter [at least for me it had all of it when i upgraded]. were you not handed over the carton box?

What you should get is a Working set top box, working remote and power cord in a box. These items are not always brand new. What was the manual needed for?

MaSh

What you should get is a Working set top box, working remote and power cord in a box. These items are not always brand new. What was the manual needed for?

MaSh

IF they claim they provide new items and charge accordingly, then the customer has every right by law, to get a new item. There's no ambiguity here.

IF they claim they provide new items and charge accordingly, then the customer has every right by law, to get a new item. There's no ambiguity here.
Did you talk to airtel? What was their response?

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back