Airtel smartbytes

corElement

How can one stop this nonsense of smartbyte reminder that keeps coming again and again and again. Each time disconnecting the internet and preventing me from keeping a stable connection to a secure server. It's not just a browzer thing, the entire internet stops working.

Feedback to Airtel - Kindly STOP with pushing your Smartbytes Offering - YouTube

If airtel didnt run a monopoly in gurgaon i would have dumped it years ago.

Last edited:
Not sure...but I think it means you have overrun your quota and are now downgraded to a lower speed under FUP...did you speak to Airtel about it?

Airtel have been providing great service in Bangalore. I am a happy customer and been a customer since 2000 :). May be because of heavy competition here.

This nonsense has been happening to me since past few months when i get past the FUP limit, airtel is really getting on my nerves on this one i am probably gonna switch to a different ISP after using airtel for like 7 years.

This nonsense has been happening to me since past few months when i get past the FUP limit, airtel is really getting on my nerves on this one i am probably gonna switch to a different ISP after using airtel for like 7 years.

I am just done writing about this on some other thread reg. Airtel service. Yes they are most stringent when it comes to FUP. So heavy users are better off with alternatives like BSNL or Beam Cable here in Hyderabad. Just get rid off them on their face by informing them that they have no right to irritate you that way just because you exceeded the FULimit.

How can one stop this nonsense of smartbyte reminder that keeps coming again and again and again. Each time disconnecting the internet and preventing me from keeping a stable connection to a secure server. It's not just a browzer thing, the entire internet stops working.

If airtel didnt run a monopoly in gurgaon i would have dumped it years ago.

This message comes up as and when you have availed 90% of the allocated quota within the FUP limit. I had this 75gb limit and it used to annoy :mad: me a lot and I tried all sorts of thing to block but to no vial and hence changed from Airtel to other service provider. The Airtel service is good but they charge a premium above others for the same. I was a customer of Airtel for the last 6 to 7 yrs. My suggestion is dump Airtel

I am just done writing about this on some other thread reg. Airtel service. Yes they are most stringent when it comes to FUP. So heavy users are better off with alternatives like BSNL or Beam Cable here in Hyderabad. Just get rid off them on their face by informing them that they have no right to irritate you that way just because you exceeded the FULimit.

This message comes up as and when you have availed 90% of the allocated quota within the FUP limit. I had this 75gb limit and it used to annoy :mad: me a lot and I tried all sorts of thing to block but to no vial and hence changed from Airtel to other service provider. The Airtel service is good but they charge a premium above others for the same. I was a customer of Airtel for the last 6 to 7 yrs. My suggestion is dump Airtel

+1. AirTel is not for the heavy users/downloaders and also they are not very customer friendly in terms of their service.

I was with Tata previously and though they had an FUP and I exceeded it monthly they never did anything more than the cursory call each month. I was at their peak speed (at that time) of 2 MBPS and there was no upgrade available.

I'd recommend them or another provider... especially Beam if they offer services in you area.

Changing DNS should not help...

But Open DNS is much better than Google DNS.

Earlier users got redirected to airtel search page when they mistyped a url. Changing dns solved that issue. It might not work but no harm in giving a try.

Whether open dns is better or not is relative and a matter of choice.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back