Airtel STB New Software

shailenderb

Airtel today deployed a new software. As far as I can see, only the UI looks new. I'm not sure if there are any new features or functions added, though I can see a new "Record" option which says to attach an external hdd of at least 80 gb. Can some expert confirm?

Regds

Last edited:
I am no expert, but even my airtel hd also got upgraded automatically. Me too seeing options to record via external hdd. but unfortunately my friend has taken my hdd :( so will wait for it to check.

hi guys,i have airtel hd too but it is not prompting nor auto starting the update when powered on. How to install the update...is there any key combination i need to press

hi guys,i have airtel hd too but it is not prompting nor auto starting the update when powered on. How to install the update...is there any key combination i need to press

There is a process for doing software update manually in Airtel STB.
1. Switch off the power of STB without switching it off by remote.
2. Wait for 30 seconds and switch ON the STB again.
3. When you see the message "Please wait initializing..." on TV screen; press 'exit' button twice followed by 2465 immediately.
4. The software update process starts. STB will download and install it.

Try and see if this works.

Caution: Don't try this process so frequently on any STB. It may damage the RAM of STB. (Read it on few DTH forums.)

Last edited:
There is a problem selecting favorite lists.earlier I used to press favorite button on remote,then used to select colored button on remote(say red,green,yellow,blue)to get list 1 OR 2 or other.

Now if I press favorite,I get access to list one only.Unless I go to menu & select,its not possible.Is there easy way to enter favorite list?

There is a problem selecting favorite lists.earlier I used to press favorite button on remote,then used to select colored button on remote(say red,green,yellow,blue)to get list 1 OR 2 or other.

Now if I press favorite,I get access to list one only.Unless I go to menu & select,its not possible.Is there easy way to enter favorite list?

Airtel seems to have removed the option of selecting favourite list using colored buttons. As of now, you can go to 'Manu--> favourite list' and select the desired list. Kind of bug in new software !!

There is a process for doing software update manually in Airtel STB.
1. Switch off the power of STB without switching it off by remote.
2. Wait for 30 seconds and switch ON the STB again.
3. When you see the message "Please wait initializing..." on TV screen; press 'exit' button twice followed by 2465 immediately.
4. The software update process starts. STB will download and install it.

Try and see if this works.

Caution: Don't try this process so frequently on any STB. It may damage the RAM of STB. (Read it on few DTH forums.)

hi,

i got the above instructions from another site & had already tried yesterday. it downloads & installs the same software which was running earlier so no changes :sad:

hi,

i got the above instructions from another site & had already tried yesterday. it downloads & installs the same software which was running earlier so no changes :sad:

Which STBG you're using.. Huawei, Keon or something else ?
Probably the software is not updated for all kind of HD STBs.
You can check this link for more details:
HD Huawei STB updated to release no 402 - Videocon D2H, Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel/Reliance Digital, Sun DTH, DD Direct Plus help and discussion forums

Moderators: Remove the link if it's not allowed to post.

Airtel seems to have removed the option of selecting favourite list using colored buttons. As of now, you can go to 'Manu--> favourite list' and select the desired list. Kind of bug in new software !!

Thats the issue,it take bit time.

good to see this thread,

yeah the airtel hd got updated and the new UI is very good, wonder if the record will work with HDD connected

anyone tried recording pls report back

Can someone who has recorded a show onto an external HDD post here about the details of the file?

Please mention the video format (avi, mp4 etc or proprietary) and also the size of the file for a 30 or 60 minute recorded show. Thanx.

good to see this thread,

yeah the airtel hd got updated and the new UI is very good, wonder if the record will work with HDD connected

anyone tried recording pls report back

Well...I have HD-DVR and I tried to connect my external HDD, but nothing happened, it doesn't detect at all.

However, have read it that HD users who connected external HDD, a message shows like minimum 80GB disk is required to enable this feature, yet the recording feature doesn't work so far.

Well...I have HD-DVR and I tried to connect my external HDD, but nothing happened, it doesn't detect at all.

However, have read it that HD users who connected external HDD, a message shows like minimum 80GB disk is required to enable this feature, yet the recording feature doesn't work so far.

this means a HD recorder set top box is required to get recording feature to work, it wont work with normal HD box, they just made the firmware same for both HD and recorder hence we see that message all the time, which is misleading though

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back