Ali express, beware of free shipping method.

ISO

Until now I have ordered only three items out of which one item was paid delivery that came within time (30 days) with proper tracking information.

Other two items were under free delivery. They are sent by china ordinary post took more than 60 days but I haven't received goods. Out of which I successfully oped a depute and according to them my refund is in progress.

For the second item, my buyer protection is about to finish. When I open depute and click on item not received, I was taken to product tracking page. In short Ali express is not allowing me to open depute. I requested several times to the seller to extend buyer protection period but he is not responding. In short I'm about to loose my buyer protection and Ali express is not allowing me to open depute. I will be helpless if items are not received.

Considering Korona problems, they should automatically extended buyers protection.

Please note free delivery by ordinary post do not have proper or rather vague tracking information that works only for the county of the origin and not for the destination country. Lesson learnt hard way not to fall for free delivery and opt for paid delivery and get peace of mind

IMO, you should now not order anything online from any foreign country for next 6 months to a year till everything settles. Also locally, you can buy only from those vendors whom you already know personally.

IMO, you should now not order anything online from any foreign country for next 6 months to a year till everything settles. Also locally, you can buy only from those vendors whom you already know personally.

U r right but I ordered them before India lockdown. Despite of Korona problem in China, my first order came in time.

In short I'm about to loose my buyer protection and Ali express is not allowing me to open depute.
That's a Catch with AliExpress, You Have only one chance to open dispute per item, and you should do it just before 2 - 3 days when your protection is running out. If you do it early the seller will just reassure that it can be tracked and it is on the way. That'll be enough for aliexpress to close the dispute & you won't get another chance to open a dispute even if you don't receive the item eventually because you've already used that option. There are many Scamsters on Ali who provide a genuine looking tracking number.

So wait until the final days of purchase protection and file a dispute. Once I got a refund amount and product got delivered a month later!

That's a Catch with AliExpress, You Have only one chance to open dispute per item, and you should do it just before 2 - 3 days when your protection is running out. If you do it early the seller will just reassure that it can be tracked and it is on the way. That'll be enough for aliexpress to close the dispute & you won't get another chance to open a dispute even if you don't receive the item eventually because you've already used that option. There are many Scamsters on Ali who provide a genuine looking tracking number.

So wait until the final days of purchase protection and file a dispute. Once I got a refund amount and product got delivered a month later!
That’s perfectly OK. You got order after long wait. Your waiting period is a cost of that product.

I have two products which I unfortunately ordered in Feb that were originally scheduled to be delivered by the end of April, but off-course are not yet delivered.

I finally raised a dispute for refund siting expiry of purchase protecting & non delivery, and the seller/AE has been judiciously extending the purchase protection by 10 days, which they have already done twice now.

Previously every time I have raised a dispute for non-delivery on expiry of purchase protection I have has always received a refund of the full order value.

I hence have no doubt that though AE/Seller may not agree to refund my current purchases right away saying that the product has been shipped and not delivered on account of Kungflu lock down. Eventually may be in a month or more AE will finally refund the amount after probably extending the purchase protection a couple more times.

Aliexpress shipping depends totally on luck as it jumps into several transporting firms before it reaches us. There are 100s for non conventional reasons for such kind of shipping to be delayed or lost. We get what we pay(cheap, but risky) for at the end. I haven’t tried anything more expensive than 100$ worth from Ali. Instead when I need something from China which is more expensive I willl prefer a random website with the same listening but allows payment with PayPal.

Update: My buyers protection period (down counting clock) finished yesterday. I could open depute successfully and today I checked status that my refund is approved.

Now this is strange. Why they did not allow me to open dispute two days before the end of buyers protection?

Any way I paid using canara bank international debit card. Hope money will credit in to that.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back