all things LEICA

suri

hi all,

i have been smitten by the thought of using products made by Leica.

(i have been using zeiss)

please post your experiences with the use of products from this brand.

leica are one of if not the best lens makers in the world...

have just experienced their lens in one of the poor lumix cams/ leica are highly regarded in prof camera world...

My LX3 has a leica lens. The Panasonic part of the deal involves sluggish controls for changing exposure/aperture and in general not so great handling. The images from the Leica lens are nice though! :)

Cheers

My LX3 has a leica lens. The Panasonic part of the deal involves sluggish controls for changing exposure/aperture and in general not so great handling. The images from the Leica lens are nice though! :)

Cheers

hi gobble -

yes, - just like sony covers it's shortcomings with a zeiss lens!

regds

Last edited:
please read this -

Zeiss vs Leica

It didnt have too much of info about how either lens stacks up against each other. I got ziess for my spectacles and Leica for my camera lenses. When I peer into my viewfinder, the deficiencies of one should cancel out the other. :licklips: Or I can hold my glasses in front of the camera ;) Hows that for a balanced compromise? :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

Last edited:
It didnt have too much of info about how either lens stacks up against each other. I got ziess for my spectacles and Leica for my camera lenses. When I peer into my viewfinder, the deficiencies of one should cancel out the other. :licklips: Or I can hold my glasses in front of the camera ;) Hows that for a balanced compromise? :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

holding your glasses in front - no! the other option (if it is a dslr) -yes. (not sure if thereare too many dslr with leica lenses)

here is a lens comapro
http://www.kenrsockwell.com/zeiss/18mm-comparison.htm

Last edited:
I got ziess for my spectacles

hi gobble -

you better be careful with your zeiss spectacles -

zeiss has closed down indian operations (based in goa) due to reasons unknown
(one reason given was that their precision {coating} machines could not cope with voltage fluctuations in india)

so replacement lenses (especially those with LEUCOTEC) are going to be difficult to get.

all of us might end up with the french option!

zeiss still takes orders - but the lenses are not manufactured in india anymore.

regds
suri

hi gobble -

you better be careful with your zeiss spectacles -

zeiss has closed down indian operations (based in goa) due to reasons unknown
(one reason given was that their precision {coating} machines could not cope with voltage fluctuations in india)

so replacement lenses (especially those with LEUCOTEC) are going to be difficult to get.

all of us might end up with the french option!

zeiss still takes orders - but the lenses are not manufactured in india anymore.

regds
suri

No wonder!! My new spectacles do not have laser etching. And I ordered the most expensive polarised lenses @6.5K (just for lenses) - they first tried to palm off a badly coated lens with uneven darkness, I rejected it now its two weeks and they cannot deliver. Going tomorrow to demand refund of advance!! :mad:

Thanks for the heads up!! Can I sue them for not giving me laser etched plain spectacles?

Regards

Going tomorrow to demand refund of advance!! :mad

hi gobble - yes, get your money back -

of course - do not waste your time in litigation - the indian system is not geared to reward the .....

zeiss will honor your order - you might have to wait -

but you MUST insist on the laser etched symbol-

regds
suri

Man that laser etching is really bling! Have them in one of my pair of Zeiss lenses, keep searching for them every time I clean the lenses, lol & it takes time to find them :D
Am talking about the transition series.... Truly fantastic in operation :) Moneys Worth

I think Leica is the camera every serious photographers wish to have. And its focusing technology makes it much compact and lighter than its SLR comparisons. In my understanding there is no picture crop ...means full frame shooting.....
and moreover, its one of the flagship product of German engineering along with Merc and BMW.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back