Allo digione help for Kodi

Anshul_J

I recently purchased an Allo digione player(Rpi 4b) and running Volumio on it. I have added spotify on it, but Gaana is not possible it seems.
Now I want to use it as a video streamer also to play videos on netflix, youtube and amazon prime video.
I have read that this is possible by installing kodi over volumio, moode or similar music players.
But I am not technically proficient and cannot understand how to do it, can anyone please explain me what is the best way to achieve this.
Thanks

Volumio has Kodi plugin that lets you install kodi on side of it. Check the plugin section in volumio. Not sure how well they go together as I have not installed it myself due to low RAM on my Pi.

Try LibreElec, which is a Kodi OS...load it on a spare sd card and try it out...btw, I haven't tried it, so can't comment much.

Now I want to use it as a video streamer also to play videos on netflix, youtube and amazon prime video.

The best of both worlds for you balancing simplicity with convenience will be to maintain two separate SD cards with different OS of your choice. Volumio 2.0 patched image with berryboot is available but I2S options (like Digione) may always end up requiring some parameter tweaks in individual cases which may be difficult for you.

Also last I checked, Netflix or Prime plugins on kodi are 3rd party and not official ones which I find difficult to trust with my account password with and moreover some of them require VPN too to project a US IP address. Better option is to buy the discounted Fire TV stick at 3199 INR from Amazon.

Last edited:
I installed Max2play, it comes preinstalled with kodi, was able to play movies through usb but could not get audio through digione. Also was not able to connect to youtube. More importantly initial impression for music is not very good, volumio seems to be better.
I connect my tv to my amplifier through optical but I have to really crank up the amp volume to get decent sound, maybe there is a bottleneck somewhere. So was hoping to stream video through digione and it would solve the audio problem as well.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back