Allo digione vs digione signature

Anshul_J

I currently have a Allo digione player (with Nirvana), will the signature version give significantly better sound quality. Has anyone compared the two or upgraded from digione to signature version?
How much difference does a streamer make in sound quality in the overall scheme of things? I have flacs on hard drive connected to digione, and use spotify and tidal.
My current setup
Allo digione - Chord 2qute - Passlabs clone power amp(100W class A)- Rethm Bhaava

Recently obtained a Ifi Zen stream and a digione player. Will compare and report back after a few days. As per online discussions Zen Stream is supposedly better than RPI+Digione. Can confirm on one thing that connection to Tidal/Spotify/Roon so far has been very smooth with very minor hiccups when switching between apps (this was huge in PlayFi and little less in BluOS)

Recently obtained a Ifi Zen stream and a digione player
It would be interesting to know how IFI fares with other streamers. Digione would probably not stand a chance, as they are not in similar league. Have read about extreme low jitter measure of ifi.

Look forward to your impressions.

upgraded from digione to signature version
No personal experience but a lot of folks have upgraded from digione to signature and they are indeed happy with the upgrade. AlloShanti becomes sort of mandatory with Signature. And quick search shows up results.

This review would probably help you firm up your mind

Hey Anshul,

The Ifi Zen stream certainly seems to be the better of the streamers I have tried till date. I have been using the usb out and zen stream seems to have much more energetic top end, very clear vocals with much tighter bass in comparison. I used my headphone setup whilst doing the comparison.

Intend to dive a little deep when time permits

Hey Anshul,

The Ifi Zen stream certainly seems to be the better of the streamers I have tried till date. I have been using the usb out and zen stream seems to have much more energetic top end, very clear vocals with much tighter bass in comparison. I used my headphone setup whilst doing the comparison.

Intend to dive a little deep when time permits
Hi flux, very interesting post. How are things looking now after a few months of running both pls?

Hi flux, very interesting post. How are things looking now after a few months of running both pls?

Hey Credoh,

The Allo streamers I sold shortly as I preferred the Zen. I found Zen Stream to be better in terms of SQ (even over the latest NODE which I had got for a short period of time). Running it connected to a Gustard U16 and then I2S to my DAC and could not have been happier , there are occasional drops but nothing which is concern inducing to me.

Hey Credoh,

The Allo streamers I sold shortly as I preferred the Zen. I found Zen Stream to be better in terms of SQ (even over the latest NODE which I had got for a short period of time). Running it connected to a Gustard U16 and then I2S to my DAC and could not have been happier , there are occasional drops but nothing which is concern inducing to me.

I have been using zen stream for more than 4 months. But both app and firmware is really disappointing for me. There is constant drops both with spotify and airplay even with latest firmware and no commitment on chromecast yet. Otherwise its great in terms of SQ.

I am connecting Zen stream to gustard x26 dac and wondering if gustard u16/18 make significant difference. Do you notice any sonic diffirence other than i2s output

I have been using zen stream for more than 4 months. But both app and firmware is really disappointing for me. There is constant drops both with spotify and airplay even with latest firmware and no commitment on chromecast yet. Otherwise its great in terms of SQ.

I am connecting Zen stream to gustard x26 dac and wondering if gustard u16/18 make significant difference. Do you notice any sonic diffirence other than i2s output
does the zen stream use the Volumio Interface?

I was used both digione and signature versions,i prefer digione with if power supply and i feels it's equal to digione signature

I currently have a Allo digione player (with Nirvana), will the signature version give significantly better sound quality. Has anyone compared the two or upgraded from digione to signature version?
How much difference does a streamer make in sound quality in the overall scheme of things? I have flacs on hard drive connected to digione, and use spotify and tidal.
My current setup
Allo digione - Chord 2qute - Passlabs clone power amp(100W class A)- Rethm Bhaava
It depends. If your rest components are transparent enough to showcase suttle differences then yes.

@fLUX Is it easy/possible to toggle sources? Like, between a NAS and Tidal/etc?

They provide a small screw driver kinda thingy else you can turn using your nails if they are big :) , I use the all in one mode mostly.

I read that the update following the default one caused a few issues, I have not updated the firmware since. I don't use the app , my use cases are mainly around Spotiy/Tidal using the native app via connect and sometimes I use Roon for local files playback.

I have not a/b'ed using the Coax of Gustard vs using Coax of Zen directly (as this would be the only most viable usecase to do a comparison as there is no usb out to DAC via the DDC) , however the Gustard did bring a big improvement when using the coax of Zen to DAC vs i2S via the DDC. I feel the U16 is a worthwhile investment if still available, U18 has been purchased by quiet a few of my friends and everyone moved away from the Zen Stream (more of headphone listeners who dont need streaming convenence) and has been said to be better than U18.

noob question,
are digione boards same for RPI3 and RPI4, or there are separate boards for each rpi model ?

Recently upgraded from a Digione to a Digione Signature. A very noticeable improvement with the Signature. Everything is better presented compared tot he digione.

MaSh
congratulations on the upgrade.
If i may ask, what power supply are you using ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back