Allo New Transport Products

SwaroopKS

Hi All,

Thought of starting a thread on the Allo products. They seem to be making really good value products. I happen to have their Vana player which according to me is fantastic for the price.

There is a host of new products launched by them and two of them caught my interest 1. Digione and 2. USBridge

https://allo.com/sparky/index-transport.html

Has anyone tried them? I wanted to get SOTM SMS-200 for sometime now to upgrade from my pi+hifiberry digi pro as source. But price and importing it from abroad is what was holding me back. If USBridge proves any formidable alternative, would happily go for it!

I did read a review on comparing Hifiberry digi+ with Digione in favour of Digione. Just as an FYI for forum members that there is an alternative to Hifiberry made locally now!

Thanks
Satya

Hi
Even if the digione almost double the price of hifiberry Digi plus , its looking on paper at least

I am sure it should perform equally well

The USbridge vs the sotm , pretty hard to judge before listening.

Do these new boards only work with sparky or can work with raspberry pi as well ?

Anyone interested to try group buy of digione??We can try to talk to allo??

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I have already placed an order for digione but they will be sending me usbridge as well for comparison. They were mentioning GST might impact for few days. The discount for bulk is already mentioned in the website about 5% for 2-4 and 10% for 5 and above

I have already placed an order for digione but they will be sending me usbridge as well for comparison. They were mentioning GST might impact for few days. The discount for bulk is already mentioned in the website about 5% for 2-4 and 10% for 5 and above

Yes. Its difficult to get more than 5 buyers. One more point I am thinking is the Digione doesn't have the GPIO Out ( like for Kali) in-case we need to use I2S connections which are more readily available in modern dacs. May be we need an adhoc convertor on top of Kali for i2s HDMi or ethernet for the best transport bandwidth.

I also want to buy one of it but on hold because not able to decide between usbridge and digione. In theory usb asynchronous should sound better but my audio Gd dac's usb32 is older compared to recent xmos and amanero receivers so spdif input with digione might be better. Waiting for your listening impressions.

Did you get usbridge and digione? Any listening impressions?

Did you get usbridge and digione? Any listening impressions?
I did receive them. I have compared the Digione with my existing hifiberry Digi+ Pro. I have to say Digione sounds much better than Digi+ pro. For example i was listening to Sham track from Aisha movie on which there was some bass noise leaking into mids on digi+ and Digione was very clear on vocal. I was thoroughly enjoying the Digi+ and would not have picked this up unless for AB comparison with Digione. Allo definitely has made a remarkable product at affordable price.

In relation to USBride unfortunately Volumio is not yet available and in Volumio forum it is mentioned a release is to be expected soon for Sparky supporting piano 2.1 dual mono and USBridge. I am waitiing for it.

Based on comment from Allo, both Digione and USBridge would be identical in their performance. Any difference heard between them should only be due to the implementation of spdif vs usb inputs in the dac they are feeding into.

Hi Shakti
Firstly, thanks for the initial first impressions

Regarding usbridge can you also Allo guys if dietpi would support it

I have never tried so not sure if it's pure , only for audio distro

Hi Shakti
Firstly, thanks for the initial first impressions

Regarding usbridge can you also Allo guys if dietpi would support it

I have never tried so not sure if it's pure , only for audio distro

Yes, Dietpi already supports USBridge from what I read. In some of the threads I read it is used by guys as audio out with Roon player. Anyway i did not want to explore that further as I am used to Volumio. And it would be a proper comparison only if both Digione and USBridge are both running on same os.

Yes, Dietpi already supports USBridge from what I read. In some of the threads I read it is used by guys as audio out with Roon player. Anyway i did not want to explore that further as I am used to Volumio. And it would be a proper comparison only if both Digione and USBridge are both running on same os.

If volumio update is far away maybe you can try digione and usbridge boards with dietpi as OS, if it's not a big hassle and you have enough time on hand

If volumio update is far away maybe you can try digione and usbridge boards with dietpi as OS, if it's not a big hassle and you have enough time on hand

The biggest challenge for me is time. Based on my discussion on volumio forum and response of Volumio finder is that the release should be very soon. Meanwhile if i get enough time at hand, would try dietpi and check.

I did receive them. I have compared the Digione with my existing hifiberry Digi+ Pro. I have to say Digione sounds much better than Digi+ pro. For example i was listening to Sham track from Aisha movie on which there was some bass noise leaking into mids on digi+ and Digione was very clear on vocal. I was thoroughly enjoying the Digi+ and would not have picked this up unless for AB comparison with Digione. Allo definitely has made a remarkable product at affordable price.

In relation to USBride unfortunately Volumio is not yet available and in Volumio forum it is mentioned a release is to be expected soon for Sparky supporting piano 2.1 dual mono and USBridge. I am waitiing for it.

Based on comment from Allo, both Digione and USBridge would be identical in their performance. Any difference heard between them should only be due to the implementation of spdif vs usb inputs in the dac they are feeding into.

If you enable test mode on the volumio http://volumio ipaddres/dev

then when you check for OTA update it will update you to 2.208 which has dual mono :)

If you enable test mode on the volumio http://volumio ipaddres/dev

then when you check for OTA update it will update you to 2.208 which has dual mono :)

Thank you so much for that. I was able to update the version on my Vana player but unfortunately I dint get any audio output from any of the rca in dual mono output. So how does the connections work? both right and left rcas will use each of the dac chips?

Thank you so much for that. I was able to update the version on my Vana player but unfortunately I dint get any audio output from any of the rca in dual mono output. So how does the connections work? both right and left rcas will use each of the dac chips?

Yes correct both will use each of the dac chips in dual mono , it sounds better ( atleast to my ears) than the dual stereo.

soon as i updated it had no sound on the right channel, but when i turned it to dual stereo sound was restored. once again i then changed it to dual mono and rebooted and viola it was working. use both the extreme left and extreme right RCA for dual mono.

Yes correct both will use each of the dac chips in dual mono , it sounds better ( atleast to my ears) than the dual stereo.

soon as i updated it had no sound on the right channel, but when i turned it to dual stereo sound was restored. once again i then changed it to dual mono and rebooted and viola it was working. use both the extreme left and extreme right RCA for dual mono.

Hey, thank you so much for the trick. It worked! Looks like there is a bug and dual mono pick up based on previous setting. I selected 201 before switching to dual mono and one channel was just producing lows (as per sub setting). Later i switched it to dual stereo followed by dual mono and then voila! it worked.

The dual mono definitely sound better.

I do have one issue though, on vana player (with volt amp) connected directly to speakers i get only one channel! Is there any work-around/fix for this?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back