ALR/ Reflective Screen - Some snaps

Amarendra

Hi

Just thought of posting some snaps taken with my (cheap) android phone of images/ films projected on a reflective screen from Aliexpress. Usually this screen has a very narrow viewing angle. However in a dark room (min light) there are no such constraints and the screen shows some amazing images.
If I am seated when the room has ambient light the image slightly fades.

Hence there are 3 scenarios here:

a. ambient light in room & seated close to pj: best image
b. dark room: no constraint on viewing angle/ projector placement and again equally good image
c. ambient light in room & seated away from pj: reasonably good even if far off from projector if the pj is reasonably bright

Ambient light was actually introduced through two very bright cfl lights just above the screen.

In the images below you can see the queen image very clearly in the dark and equally good if the seating is close to the pj in ambient light. However if the viewing is off angle the image is still reasonably good and watchable.

Attachments

• screen off.jpg
    screen off.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 282
  • screen off angle.jpg
    screen off angle.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 285
  • lights off.jpg
    lights off.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 283
  • lights on proper angle.jpg
    lights on proper angle.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 275
  • lights on seated.jpg
    lights on seated.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 275
  • ceiling proper.jpg
    ceiling proper.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 278
  • vegetation proper.jpg
    vegetation proper.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 270
Thanks for this! Please also show placement of projector and your seat (Want to see the angle of view WRT projector screen)

Help us out with the actual company/model name? How much did you buy it for? Did customs charge you any import duty?

I had brought this. but dd not work well as my projector was over head. Had to stand to watch anything :) It may not work for all situations.

I had brought this. but dd not work well as my projector was over head. Had to stand to watch anything :) It may not work for all situations.
My projector is also overhead but in a dark room it does not matter where you are seated. Even in ambient light conditions it was good enough (see pic above)

Just thought of posting some snaps taken with my (cheap) android phone of images/ films projected on a reflective screen from Aliexpress. Usually this screen has a very narrow viewing angle. However in a dark room (min light) there are no such constraints and the screen shows some amazing images. If I am seated when the room has ambient light the image slightly fades.

Looks great..

Looks like you have attached the screen to the wall using double-sided tape? How did you remove the creases?

Looks like you have attached the screen to the wall using double-sided tape? How did you remove the creases?
Removed creases with ironing. I had initially pasted it on the wall. But now it's on a wooden frame. Got the frame made by my carpenter for about 3k. He has used pine wood which has made the frame very light. I have then stapled the screen to the frame.

My projector is also overhead but in a dark room it does not matter where you are seated. Even in ambient light conditions it was good enough (see pic above)
In seated position, what would be your approximate distance of viewer eyes from screen? How high is your projector (Distance of viewer head from projector)?

Removed creases with ironing. I had initially pasted it on the wall. But now it's on a wooden frame. Got the frame made by my carpenter for about 3k. He has used pine wood which has made the frame very light. I have then stapled the screen to the frame.
You didn't consider aluminum for frame? Also, are the pics with wooden frame? Screen seems to be wavy.

In seated position, what would be your approximate distance of viewer eyes from screen? How high is your projector (Distance of viewer head from projector)?

You didn't consider aluminum for frame? Also, are the pics with wooden frame? Screen seems to be wavy.
I find stapling easier than pasting on aluminium. Yes, there are a few folds on the screen. The reason could be that I had initially cut the screen cloth thinking that I would paste it on the wall. Even my cutting was uneven since I was cutting with a kitchen knife.So finally I was left with screen cloth that was exactly the same dimension as the frame. Hence I had to staple it on the front side of the frame since there wasn’t enough cloth to wrap around the edges of the frame.

Seated I would be about 11 ft from the screen. PJ is about 4-5 ft above my head.

Hi what is the screen size you achieved with respect to the distance of the projector to screen. Also, Is the image spilling over to the wall?
Image size is 86x49 giving diagonal of 98 inches. Image is slightly on the wall on top side since I haven’t aligned the PJ yet. Need to give a very slight tilt. Projection distance would be 12ft approx

With this screen, greater the distance from screen, the lower would be the viewing angles and hence better the viewing results.

I also bought this screen from Aliexpress for Rs.1400/- without seeing the projector position they have mentioned in their site (they recommended to place the project below the screen) . I have placed my projector almost above middle of the screen, the reflection from the screen throwing too bright light on the projector. I removed the screen yesterday. After seeing your images I'm thinking to place again with different angle. Let me try.

I also bought this screen from Aliexpress for Rs.1400/- without seeing the projector position they have mentioned in their site (they recommended to place the project below the screen) . I have placed my projector almost above middle of the screen, the reflection from the screen throwing too bright light on the projector. I removed the screen yesterday. After seeing your images I'm thinking to place again with different angle. Let me try.
How did it go?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back