Alternative to B&W 683 any suggestions

santosh4

Hi All,

I currently own B&W 683S1 and very happy with it, I was not happy with 683S2 the new version after I got the Demo. Hence I would like to know is there any alternative speaker that can outperform the 683S1. As I might move out of the country It wont be possible for me to buy the same 683S1. Hence Let me know if you can suggest me the best at the same price.

Regards,
San

Since you are in Bangalore, go and listen to the Blumenhofer Fun 13 Mk2. You will be surprised about the performance, especially the bass performance. The speaker does not go down to 40 Hz like the B&W, but for that the quality of the bass is absolutely astounding. Your Exposure amp will drive these speakers with ease.

I have tried PSB but I dont feel the naturality like 683. Its good for both vocals as well as electronic music. I am not finding the same in other speakers.

Sorry I disagree..its not harsh.

When I played with NAD yes it was harsh but When I played with exposure amp its sounds so musical. Its always the combination nothing to do with this speaker. I dont know how many agree with me.

/When I played with exposure amp its sounds so musical. Its always the combination nothing to do with this speaker. I dont know how many agree with me.

why the big sale then ?

and your question should be about the combination and not just speaker alone.

There are so many choices and you know very well what rocks your boat.

So go out there and audition, make a short list and then exchange ideas on the forum else 10 folks will have 100 suggestions and one goes nowhere.

and if you are planning to leave the country soon - you may consider a small standmount active speaker to make do with temporarily or maybe good headphones.

regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back