Alternative to DTH, to watch TV shows?!

TheSeeker

Hello everyone,

a friend of mine asked me any alternative to watch TV shows through youtube or anything else, on TV (he doesnt have a smart TV). some shows which his Mother used to watch are no longer aired. he showed them to her on his phone. i understand getting an HTPC or something like intel NUC can be an option. will chromecast also fare good for the purpose? and any other way?

also, what min. plan of internet should he be aiming to get to enjoy uninterrupted watching? he's not a movie or tv-show buff, so usage would be quite limited. his ISP is tikon bb.

TIA!

Chromecast is a good option light and easy to setup and run, Amazon Fire stick has a very useful voice remote which should be more useful than Chromecast in my opinion.

Getting a android TV box with Hotstar app/YouTube is also possible, You can install Kodi also, You can use it for local content as well .
For a light usage Nuc will be overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chromecast is a good option light and easy to setup and run, Amazon Fire stick has a very useful voice remote which should be more useful than Chromecast in my opinion.

Getting a android TV box with Hotstar app/YouTube is also possible, You can install Kodi also, You can use it for local content as well .
For a light usage Nuc will be overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you pls suggest a budget android box? open to buying a used one.

Chromecast works well with streaming services which it supports like netflix, youtube, hotstar etc controlled via your mobile. If you are planning to stream downloaded videos you may have to play it in chrome in a PC and stream it which may not be a good option if your mother is controlling it. I will suggest you to get a PC with a very big screen which she can use to watch online contents

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back