Am i the only one finding new kit prices crazily high

Yelamanchili manohar

I've been checking out on some online sites at random, and I must admit that I find even decent entry level kit to be exorbitantly priced these days. I don't have any purchases in mind, but I really feel for the youngsters dipping their toes into this hobby. Such a steep price of entry, will keep most people off for good from this hobby for ever. Is it the manufacturers sounding their own death knell :(

I've been checking out on some online sites at random, and I must admit that I find even decent entry level kit to be exorbitantly priced these days. I don't have any purchases in mind, but I really feel for the youngsters dipping their toes into this hobby. Such a steep price of entry, will keep most people off for good from this hobby for ever. Is it the manufacturers sounding their own death knell :(
well every one feels the same regarding the recent price hikes. Also noticed how the upgrade and new buyers post reduced significantly in recent times. No one will be interested to get in to the hobby looking at the current pricing. Used gears will now have good resale value. I was planning to go for seperates but lost complete interest now and will stick to my avr as long as it lasts.

well every one feels the same regarding the recent price hikes. Also noticed how the upgrade and new buyers post reduced significantly in recent times. No one will be interested to get in to the hobby looking at the current pricing. Used gears will now have good resale value. I was planning to go for seperates but lost complete interest now and will stick to my avr as long as it lasts.
Very true indeed...not many folks posting reviews or upgrade threads these days. Maybe it can be a blessing in disguise for our own indian kit builders for the 2 under mentioned reasons :
1. Sell Internet direct, no dealer and stocking margins involved.
2. No 42% import dues involved.

So maybe there is yet a Ray of hope on the horizon.

The following can be done to minimise purchasing costs
1) gamble with second hand avr and or speakers
2) buy from a foreign nation and show them it was bought and used for 6 months by a friend on your behalf. Local warranty will have to be forfeited.
3) go for real inexpensive mini bookshelves or satellites available for 50k or less as a package. Elac, Polk entry level comes to my mind or Micca kind of compact bookshelves. With that a Denon 1700 for 90k will work out to 1.5 lakhs including wiring. If you go for highend speakers plus highend new AVR then you would incur 2.5 lakhs plus.
4) or Go for highend Soundbars like Samsung Q950A or Sony HTA9. They are bridging the gap these days. Sound signature wont be of that compared to AVR plus speakers but it will have a good punch with a lot less wiring and the ability to sync with your TV.

If we need possible reduction in price, then we need to stop buying as according to law of Economics, more demand will increase price. Since there is shortage of chips ,prices are gone very high.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back