Amazing Day time viewable Epson Laser and non laser projectors 5000 lumens+

vineetrad

Has anyone demoed, seen, bought any of Epson's line of laser projectors?

The L400U, L510U and L600U have brightness of 4500, 5000 and 6000 lumens respectively . That's more than enough to watch in the day time and with all the lights on at night. For those of us who want a true TV replacement and not a dedicated cinema projector this seems ideal. Also no need for a UPS to prevent lamp burnout. No cost of finicky ALR screens. Even a nice white wall will suffice. Finally no lamp replacement cost and unlike Xiaomi Epson warranty and support.

US prices seem reasonable for the drastic viewability offered. 510U is 2850 USD. 400U is 2550 USD. 600U is 3500 USD.

They are listed on the Epson India site but no idea of the price:

Has anyone found out India availability? If it's atrocious pricing I plan to purchase and hand carry from Europe once lockdown and international travel normalizes. This is what it can do by the way. Amazing compared to just a few years ago!

The Epson PowerLite 2247U - 4400 lumens seems to be the non-laser high lumen option available in India:

Probably a cheaper way to get high brightness but obviously without the other advantages of laser.

Epson 2155W - 5000 lumens and Epson 2142W - 4400 lumens seem to be even cheaper ways to get high brightness with non-laser tech. It also takes away lens shift and cuts resolution down from WUXGA to WXGA.

Any inputs are most welcome from anyone who may have used any of these projectors.

Has anyone demoed, seen, bought any of Epson's line of laser projectors?

The L400U, L510U and L600U have brightness of 4500, 5000 and 6000 lumens respectively . That's more than enough to watch in the day time and with all the lights on at night. For those of us who want a true TV replacement and not a dedicated cinema projector this seems ideal. Also no need for a UPS to prevent lamp burnout. No cost of finicky ALR screens. Even a nice white wall will suffice. Finally no lamp replacement cost and unlike Xiaomi Epson warranty and support.

US prices seem reasonable for the drastic viewability offered. 510U is 2850 USD. 400U is 2550 USD. 600U is 3500 USD.

They are listed on the Epson India site but no idea of the price:

Has anyone found out India availability? If it's atrocious pricing I plan to purchase and hand carry from Europe once lockdown and international travel normalizes. This is what it can do by the way. Amazing compared to just a few years ago!

The Epson PowerLite 2247U - 4400 lumens seems to be the non-laser high lumen option available in India:

Probably a cheaper way to get high brightness but obviously without the other advantages of laser.

Epson 2155W - 5000 lumens and Epson 2142W - 4400 lumens seem to be even cheaper ways to get high brightness with non-laser tech. It also takes away lens shift and cuts resolution down from WUXGA to WXGA.

Any inputs are most welcome from anyone who may have used any of these projectors.
No projector can remove light from the screen. So, it does not matter how bright the projector is, it cannot make the "white" from ambient light into black.

These projectors are for meetings (ppt) etc, not for home theater. Even if they claim 4500 lumens, the colors will be way off in the bright mode. When calibrated properly (if it is even possible), I am pretty sure the light output would be close to 12-1300 lumens.

Got Epson ls 500 , not installed a proper screen yet , but using it on white wall so far looks impressive will update and post a detailed review after completing setup
I am planning to buy Epson LS 500 and will appreciate if you could please let me know where you bought yours from. Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back