Amazing EAR 834p clone phonostage

kuruvilajacob

A few years back, one of my friends (A Hi-end Audiophile) came home to listen to music in my house. He told me I lacked 2 things in my set up. Some good cartridges and matching phono stages. At that time, I was mostly using Shure original cartridges. So, he suggested that I get a EAR 834 p phono stage. But it was quite expensive at that point of time and did not buy them. Recently, the same friend informed that the EAR 834p clone using very good components is available. So we both ordered and mine has just come. Fortunately, I had some NOS Philips MINIWATT ECC 83 tubes. I was told that the tubes used are very critical to the performance. I have listened to it only for a few hours and already I can feel the silken smooth vocals and the wide sound stage coming out of this amazing phono stage. I am told that it will take a minimum of 50 hours for it to break-in. I am looking forward to better presentation from this phono stage in the days to come. Will keep you posted.

Kuruvila Sir,
Kindly let us have the feedback after 50 hours and also, kindly provide some more details about this product and how to import it please.

As per opinion expressed by mr. Kuruvila,I got an ear 834p thru eBay U.K. At about half the new price,I can confirm that I am happy with my purchase ,I am using this with Denon 103r mc cart..

I have been using the EAR clone now some some days. It's getting better everyday. The mids are clearer and the 3 dimensional effect is getting better . It's value for money when the original will be not affordable to most vinyl enthusiasts.

The valve closest to power socket end is ecc83 other two are unnamed similar but look different to ecc83..shall try to upload picture..

My pre amp is an EAR 864. It's basically a combination of 834L and 834P.
Superb pre.
Unfortunately I had moved away from Garrard 401 by then.
I have also heard EAR 912 with EAR 509 monoblocks. Amazing.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back