Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote launched in India

ratheesh

Amazon Fire TV Stick is a tiny stick you connect to your HDTV and start streaming movies, TV shows and songs from Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Gaana and many more services. Subscription fees may apply.

Easy to setup and use: Pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can just plug it in to your HDTV and enjoy favourite titles and personalized recommendations.
Massive Selection: Get access to thousands of Bollywood, Hollywood and Regional language movies and TV episodes, songs and games.

Perfect with Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Prime Video, featuring thousands of Bollywood and regional blockbusters, Hollywood movies, US TV shows, award winning Amazon Originals and kids' shows at no additional cost.

Voice Search that really works: Amazon Fire TV Stick comes with a voice remote. Simply say the name of what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds.

Take your TV with you: Bring your favourite shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug Fire TV stick into any TV's HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi and continue watching.

Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player is available in Amazon.in for Rs.3999

Source : Amazon Fire TV Stick Price: Buy Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote & Streaming Media Player Online at Best Price in India- Amazon.in

Attachments

• GW-bunk_4500x900_FtV_4._UX1500_SX1500_.jpg
    GW-bunk_4500x900_FtV_4._UX1500_SX1500_.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 471
For a 1000 more you can get Airtel Internet TV with 3 months subscription and 4K/Dolby Atmos set top box. Of course, Airtel Internet TV may not have Primevideo in HD, or may get HD in future. Not sure about this one !

Am not happy with the pricing of the stick, In US it's priced at $39.99. Some uber genius guy translated it into Rs.3999 :p I was really in hope of ordering it if anything under 3k but now i have more options to think for. Better luck next time AFT guys.

Am not happy with the pricing of the stick, In US it's priced at $39.99. Some uber genius guy translated it into Rs.3999 :p I was really in hope of ordering it if anything under 3k but now i have more options to think for. Better luck next time AFT guys.

you do get Rs. 499 back as amazon pay balance

Chromecast or this?

For Chromecast, you need a phone or tablet to stream the content whereas Fire stick have inbuilt apps which can run independent of any streaming device along with streaming. Basically it's a device which makes normal TV to a Smart TV. So there is no comparison between both.

If you compare the price with UK's 39.99 GBP (normally which is the case for Indian pricing for most of global products available here), INR pricing is almost similar (with 499 pay back). And which translate that you get the money to opt for Amazon prime subscription if you does not have one already. Though, in India we get Fire TV Stick with "voice remote" instead of latest "Alexa voice remote" which I guess we can ignore, considering that we get a device which supports Netflix and Amazon Prime Video with 5.1 audio, Indian apps, local video streaming (without need for mobile like in chromecast) and best of all Kodi... all these together as well as the reliability of the device in this price. A good product for Indian movie lovers and good addition to your home theater. Would expect Amazon to launch Fire TV/TV 2 soon.

Last edited:
I will wait for some deal days when it will be priced at 3000 and 10% Bank cashback offers, I'll pass it as of now .
Only advantage is 5.1 audio with Amazon Video I feel, Will wait for reviews.

I have been waiting for Amazon to lauch the Fire products in India. It made very little sense to launch Prime Video without any option to watch the media on large screens (except for those who have very new smart TV's with built in app).

With the Kodi option, is this now a good alternative to the Raspberry Pi 3?

My Raspberry Pi with Kodi is used to stream online movies and also acts as media library with a NAS.

So, is the WiFi adapter on Firestick really good?

If you compare the price with UK's 39.99 GBP ....

considering that we get a device which supports Netflix and Amazon Prime Video with 5.1 audio, Indian apps, local video streaming (without need for mobile like in chromecast) and best of all Kodi...

I saw Sharmaji's technical review on Youtube for Airtel Internet TV. Seems to be a crappy DTH box with things called "Internet" slapped on it, that seems to work like a drag. Dolby atmos and 4K, my rear, I don't think we have content anyway, for that to happen. On the contrary, saw a video review of Fire TV stick and the UI was slick as butter and the remote works pretty well. Definitely a better device that Chromecast with more power and memory and without the need for Smartphone. I would have loved the Fire TV at 2,999. Initial reports were saying it would be 1999 and I was disappointed when it was launched at 3999. Anyways, my hands are itching to reach the wallet

Last edited:
you do get Rs. 499 back as amazon pay balance

I saw Sharmaji's technical review on Youtube for Airtel Internet TV. Seems to be a crappy DTH box with things called "Internet" slapped on it, that seems to work like a drag. Dolby atmos and 4K, my rear, I don't think we have content anyway, for that to happen. On the contrary, saw a video review of Fire TV stick and the UI was slick as butter and the remote works pretty well. Definitely a better device that Chromecast with more power and memory and without the need for Smartphone. I would have loved the Fire TV at 2,999. Initial reports were saying it would be 1999 and I was disappointed when it was launched at 3999. Anyways, my hands are itching to reach the wallet

Exactly my thought, I was ready to get this if it's anything less than 3k without any offers (Current offers were worthless) since the initial response were pointing to less then 2k. Now waiting for some specific time when the price drops.

Ordered Amazon Firestick yesterday and it was delivered by 2pm today. Some first impressions .
Set up is a breeze. Since I am an Amazon Prime member, it came pre registered in my account.
It quickly finds your home network and logs on as soon as you enter the password.
Build quality and finish is excellent .
You don't need the power adapter. You can power it from the USB socket on the TV if it has one. Some people have reported that this shows up as inadequate power but it works just fine on my TV. Avoids ugly hanging wires.
My home network has a speed of 10mbps. You can set the resolution on the firestick from 720p to 1080p. I have set it to 1080p and picture quality is just fine.
Data monitoring and video quality can be set to conserve data if your internet plan is limited. Since I don't have data limits I have set it to best quality.
Cant test the dd 5.1 as I don't have an AVR.
Some screen shots

Attachments

• IMG20170420160141.jpg
    IMG20170420160141.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG20170420152615.jpg
    IMG20170420152615.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 191
I did not find much to watch on Prime.
What other apps does it have, useful to India ?
Do I need to pay to see TV for example CNBC TV18 or ET NOW?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back