AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones with Mic

Ravindra Desai

Hello all,

This is a product review of AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones with Mic that I have been using since last one month and a half.
The product can be found here and is available for Rs. 399.00 but occasionally drops down to Rs. 349.00

I would categorize this product as an earphone for everyday use an serves the purpose well for voice calls, watching movies, TV serials and listening to music.
I would typically use it with a smartphone, tablet or even the newer laptops that have intergrated mike and headphone socket.

Packaging: The product came nicely packaged in a compact box like any other Amazon product. It was packed for hassle free unpacking.

Construction: The connector is a 3-channel 3.5mm jack. Left, Right and Mic being the three channels. The wire is not something that you would call tangle free but is not something that tangles easily either. It has a better feel than other brands like iBall. The earphone construction is something that I like. It allows you to hold each earphone with your index finger and your thumb and snug fit in in your ear. The flexible soft silicone earplug adapts nicely to your ear and blocks most of the external sound. There is also a clip that helps you secure the mic position.
With all said and done, these are still single-hand-use headphones. You strictly need to avoid unplugging them at either end by holding it by its cord!

Sound quality: For the price, these are surprisingly good. Even very good, I would say. But here is how I define good: They are neutral! They are like a perfectly cooked dish with the correct amount of bass, mid- range and treble. So be careful if you like it bassy or extra sharp. Being passive, they do not produce any noise on their own.
The only thing would say about the mic quality is that so far no one at the other end of voice call has complained.

Other impressions: I am currently watching Nashville and Mozart in the Jungle. Both these TV serials have a lot of country music and classical music in them, respectively. These headphones do not disappoint you with its tone and fidelity. Vocals in the soft passages also are heard comfortably. Like I said before, they are very true and very neutral. At very high volume, they give away a little at the low end.

Final verdict: If you are in the market for in-ear headphones with a mike for general use and prefer good quality, neutral sound, then this reasonably priced product will not disappoint you.

Ravindra Desai.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back