Amp and Speaker, matching and purchase help

hearme

Hello,
A relative is shifting back from USA to India for good. He can get some Audio equipment for me hence this thread.

He stays in Chicago and browsing AudiogoN by his Zip code (60657) and a radius of 25 miles, these caught my eye...I am looking for a pair of speakers and a matching amplifier.

Thiel CS6 Floorstanding Speakers | Full range | Chicago, Illinois 60657 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Thiel Audio SCS 4T Musically involving | Monitors | Chicago, Illinois 60601 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

PSB Imagine T Floorstanding Speakers | Full range | Chicago, Illinois 60657 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Naim SuperNait Integrated with 24/192 DAC, HT Bypass, and Upgradeable! | Solid state | Hanover Park, Illinois 60103 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

PARASOUND HALO A 21 Brand New Condition | Solid state | Naperville, 60567 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Can someone who has heard this equipment, paired, matched any of the above, value for money... advice me.

Maybe pick only one of them if its VFM and match/ purchase the other from someplace else.

Any other options to purchase second hand HiFi in USA?

Thank you

usa eqpt at 110 volts and it is preferred to use 220v 50 hz for electronics.

whats your present rig ?

mpw

Yes, mods please close one, I was unsure of where I would get a response...amp matching or what to buy.

There's also a pair of Hypex NCore monoblocks which are very well rated available in the vicinity, worth considering.

Thank you so much for taking the pains of checking the same for me...really appreciate! :clapping:

I will check them out also :)

usa eqpt at 110 volts and it is preferred to use 220v 50 hz for electronics.

whats your present rig ?

mpw

My present rig is ... Musical Fidelity A 3.2 amp + Cadence Arita + Cyrus CDP + VDH cables and interconnects

Have a Rotel amp + MA RS 6 as second rig

Would like to settle down with something nice I can afford....the very high end stuff, at 45 my ears have lost the high and lower end frequencies so wont miss them! :)

You are very lucky to have someone coming from US with a container load and have some space for your stuff.

One suggestion. Check this ebay seller: dandaman2

He has two B&W matrix and one Thiel. He drives down the speakers for free to a UPS guy who is an expert in packaging and can deliver/ship to your location in Chicago.

You can negotiate with dandman2 upto 15% on prices online and upto 25% offline.

Thiel are hard to drive and need bigger amps.

Best of luck.

I would have full truck load of audio items if I were you......

Thx for the input...will surely check it out.

I think i will settle for a pair of speakers and amp that can drive it....:licklips:

Wish I could go across...hear the stuff....and load the truck....:)

Our Forum Member Mr.Balagopalan from Chennai has a Parasound Halo A-21 which is a 230V. If interested contact him pl.

Thanks.... before I check with Mr. Balagopalan, a to the point question if someone can please answer!

Will the Parasound Halo A-21 drive a pair of Thiels or Dyna's?

Would they be a good sounding match?

Thx in advance

Thiels go well with bryston. this is the general impression i get. But bryston that are available in the US will be 120 volts. Parasound Halo also goes well as it was mentioned in one of the forums on audiogon. See if you can lay hands on Thiel CS2.4 or 2.7 and pair that with Parasound.
i am awaiting delivering of CS 2.4 over this weekend.

Thiels go well with bryston. this is the general impression i get. But bryston that are available in the US will be 120 volts. Parasound Halo also goes well as it was mentioned in one of the forums on audiogon. See if you can lay hands on Thiel CS2.4 or 2.7 and pair that with Parasound.
i am awaiting delivering of CS 2.4 over this weekend.

WOW...congrats on the Thiel CS 2.4....:clapping:

From USA?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back