Amp/dac for AKG K7XX

ENTHUSiAST

hi guys, i brought a pair of K7XX from u.s, I will be listening to music through my desktop using apple music and spotify, and playing games with a modmic attached.

I need an amp/dac in a $60 budget.

so far i have shortlisted

Fiio e10K - 55

Used schiit Magni 1st gen - 60

Behringer U phoria UM2 as a dac + headphone amp if this setup will work- 50

Isn't Magni 1 only a headphone amp and not a DAC/Amp? You may need Schitt Modi to go along with it I believe. Fiio E10K has a nice reputation especially in the price band you are hunting for. Why not a used DragonFly Red since it will be desktop usage?

Isn't Magni 1 only a headphone amp and not a DAC/Amp? You may need Schitt Modi to go along with it I believe. Fiio E10K has a nice reputation especially in the price band you are hunting for. Why not a used DragonFly Red since it will be desktop usage?

If he is strict on that budget e10k is the only possible way for dac and amp. If not plenty of choices since its u. S

At entry level the difference in onboard audio and external Dac/Amps isnt much.. I would recommend to either increase budget to do with what you have on board your Desktop, unless you are maxing out on voulme levels and still not playing loud.
AKG k7xx was hard to drive headphones and you would need a desktop amp to do justice to them, Magni 3 is good choice as its warm tonality will pair well with k7xx, but it goes for $100 new and around $85 in used market.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back