Amp for Denon X2000

bikram_singh

Hey,

Do I need an amp for the follwing setup, if so which one should I go for?

Polk Audio TSx 440T Tower Speaker
Polk Audio DSW PRO550 Wi 10-Inch High Performance Subwoofer
Polk Audio TSX 250C Centre Channel Speaker
Polk Audio TSx 110B Bookshelf Speaker

Denon AVR-X2000 Integrated Network AV Receiver

bikram_singh, i doubt if Denon x2000 has main zone pre-outs to hook up a power amp. So i highly doubt if you can hook up a power amp to x2000. Receiver experts, can confirm this for sure and also suggest a receiver that allows you to hook up a power amp like the Emotiva xpa-5 later.
If i was very particular about this, i would do -
1. Select a receiver that has pre-outs for the main zone and allow me to hook up a 5 channel power amp.
2. I would just run the speakers directly on this receiver to see if i miss something. Most casual listeners (like me) would be happy.
3. If you are not happy, then you could get a power amp and hook it to the receiver.

bikram_singh, i doubt if Denon x2000 has main zone pre-outs to hook up a power amp. So i highly doubt if you can hook up a power amp to x2000. Receiver experts, can confirm this for sure and also suggest a receiver that allows you to hook up a power amp like the Emotiva xpa-5 later.
If i was very particular about this, i would do -
1. Select a receiver that has pre-outs for the main zone and allow me to hook up a 5 channel power amp.
2. I would just run the speakers directly on this receiver to see if i miss something. Most casual listeners (like me) would be happy.
3. If you are not happy, then you could get a power amp and hook it to the receiver.

Actually I am just toying with this idea as saw many people considering amp with avrs. I thought if I may need an amp for the said setup.

There are no main zone preouts on that model. You should be fine with the amp power of the denon.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back