Amp for Kef Q300 - Marantz PM6005 DAC/NAD C356BEE DAC

vikramdesigner

Hi guys,

As per online reviews Marantz PM6004 is the best matching amp for KEF Q300 , but the power will be very low(45X2) if i want to upgrade these bookshelf speakers later with floor standing.

One of my friend and few dealers suggested me to buy NAD C356BEE with DAC , they say its also a good match with KEF and with high power. but i never read any reviews online.

I don't know how good is NAD compared with Marantz in music. its not only abt power but its should be well matched with KEF.
(Please help me in this point if im wrong )

My budget was only 35k and i also wanted the DAC so i have planed to go with PM6005 but again its 45X2 with no pre-out ,preamp and sub out :(

NAD C356BEE Cost 65k , so if i wanna spend so much ill better go with Marantz higher version as they are known for its music signature, cos its one time investment , then i can extend my budget like 60k.

I can go for demo with NAD C356BEE but not Marantz as many dealers don't have higher models other than PM6004 so just need your help in choosing the right one.

Suggest me good amp between 40k to 60k in Marantz (70w or above) or should i go with NAD C356BEE ? budget is fixed cant go more than this :(

Thanks

Last edited:
I have paired the Q300s with marantz pm6004, even though the output of the amp seems low, I have never increased the vol knob beyond the 12 o'clock position , since the sound is quite loud even below this level. So , take a demo with the available pm 6004 and the NAD amp and then decide. In any case the pm6005 is superior to the 6004 and has a dac to boot !
Cheers.

look up the HFV for sale thread.. you may find something interesting like a marantz 8003.

PS : I have no link to the seller

mpw

I have paired the Q300s with marantz pm6004, even though the output of the amp seems low, I have never increased the vol knob beyond the 12 o'clock position , since the sound is quite loud even below this level. So , take a demo with the available pm 6004 and the NAD amp and then decide. In any case the pm6005 is superior to the 6004 and has a dac to boot !
Cheers.

Hi friend,

I did check with both amp Marantz pm6004 and Nad c356bee dac.
both performed well with kef , with Marantz its has clean and detailed output but nad blown me away, it has good bass and with superb detail and power performance.

Here is the sound test link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKWOqjyge44

But i have one problem , left speaker has more bass than right , i feel its cos of wall next to it ???

NAD 356 BEE is a hands down winner. If you like warm sound, don't even think of marantz lower models like 6005 while comparing to Nad.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back