amp recommendation for bose am10

thelivingflesh

Hello, previously i was using am10 with s pioneer VSX-531D playing Master audio and true hd files.
The response was perfect and i was happy. the only problem i had a couple of times with multiple amps was the HDMI ports. some would stop functioning , some had other problems.

I was thinking of ditching the hdmi and going with good old optical this time. optical would only have simple dts though.

My question was that if i went with a denon or marantz dts only amplifier, the SOUND QUALITY/ DETAIL i.e surround sound details. would they be better? the same or worse. i would atleast the same, more is better.

all my movies are 4k with truehd or master audio, i can plug the hdmi directly into the tv and get the optical out but i need some advice on the sound quality i mentioned above, generally isnt marantz or denon better sounding than pioneer.

IF someone can kindly shed some light on it. thankyou very much.

Go for a Yamaha receiver. They tend to suit the bose speakers better. Stick to hdmi if you can. There is no point reducing bandwidth going with optical for multi-channel audio if you can avoid it.

MaSh

Long back, had Bose Am5. Had used Kenwood KA 5050 amp and Marantz SR 8200 avr with them. Marantz sounded better for my ears with the rolled off highs and seemed more powerful with the speakers.
Had Pioneer amp SA 740 in the past. For my ears Pioneer and Yamaha sounded more on the brighter side but heard them with other brand speakers & not Bose.
Also as suggested above by Mash, pls try to go for a unit with HDMI connections for multichannel audio as it has more bandwith.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back