Amp & speaker

SAVIO

Hi guys

Been trying to get myself a decent set up. Am totally confused. Need some help.

Looking for a stereo speaker set up and amp (possibly a 5.1) within about 50 K. Music 70% (country, rock, blues, jazz) & movies 30%

Room size is about 12 ft by 20 ft with a listening area of about 12 ft by 12ft.

Options so far:

Speakers

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5
Mordaunt Short Avant 906i

AV receiver

Yamaha rx v363
Onkyo 505/575
Denon 1709

The other option is that I pick up a stereo amp with a sub out

Thanks Guys!

Last edited:
Hi guys

Looking for a stereo speaker set up and amp (possibly a 5.1) within about 50 K. Music 70% (country, rock, blues, jazz) & movies 30%

Options so far:

Speakers

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5

AV receiver

Yamaha rx v363
Onkyo 505/575
Denon 1709

Thanks Guys!

Hi i will suggest you to consider DENON 1909 & ELAC FS 58 !
1909 is the latest in the budget segment & the audio video quality is better than all the competitors in the market ! It is more muscular & robust and should meet all your expectations ! Denon will cost you around 35k & FS 58 will be around 37k.........this will save you from upgrading the system in the near future !! Reason to mention this is that Most of the people buy lower end hifi due to their tight budget & within a span of six months or so they find their system is lacking & doesnot quench the thirst for the music. I have seen my friends, they lost a lot of money by selling the sysmtems at throwaway price & reinvesting in new one !!! Just go to the near by audio shop & try these combos....if possible ! Try n save some more money & buy the better stuff !
Hope this will help you
Regards
RB9

Hi
FS58 Elac would be around 27K. I have the combination of FS58 and Onkyo SR 505. I think SR 505 can be obtained now for less than 20K. FS58 is not the best in Floorstanders in that price range and I have heard Jamo 606 is more sharper in the high range. Just search for older posts here and there are plenty which talk of Jamo and Wharfedale. What you have listed in MS is also popular, but I have not heard it. The Wharfedale is much liked by many people, I think is for about 37K. So with some audtioning you should get a good setup of Floorstanders and a AVR for your budget.

regards
Ashok

Hi, i think the SR505 is the weak link here coz this not the high current AVR hence could not get the juice out of the FS58 speakers. Changing the AVR will result in the sonic transformation & you will get the new depth & slam from these very speakers ! For now,try different placement for the speakers to get optimum from the current system. For example place them away from back & the side wall........to get more clear highs !
As for Jamo, yes i like Jamo speakers & i have E750 & E660 (with JBL E250P) !
I prefer the old E SERIES than the S SERIES ! I will suggest getting E750 or E770 with Denon for pleasing listening ! They are good with Jazz Pop Blue or any other light music but not good for metal or hard rock........Though they have good Bass but hungry people may not like them !!
Regards
RB9

Hi guys

Options so far:

Speakers

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5

AV receiver

Yamaha rx v363
Onkyo 505/575
Denon 1709

Thanks Guys!

Buddy

When you are looking at 70% Music that means you are a music lover...and considering 30% movies for a while..
Now, for this, going in for Amplifiers like Yamaha, Onkyo & Denon is not an appropriate Choice...
And anyways, dont ever think of Onkyo, it sucks in all ways...

Now, as you are looking in for a 5.1/7.1 amp, considering future upgrade, and keeping music in mind, consider either Cambridge Audio (Best for audio), or Marantz... Now, in for your budget the Cambridge Audio - Azur - R540 should be the right choice, priced nearly Rs.26K...or Marantz 4002 @ almost Rs.24K...

And with that go in for Mordaunt Short - Avant 906i, as they are best fitted among with CA or Marantz...
Now, the second reason to go in for the Avant-906i is, that they have pretty good bass, so you would not be requiring any subwoofer @ the initial stage, but yes when you will be considering the upgrade you can add a sub to get more bass...

Apart from that Denon will also be a choice, but avoid Yamaha, as they are damn good for movies, but not satisfactory for Music or Audio...

so, audition them all....and revert...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back