Amp to drive Dali IKON 6

oracle1974

Hi

I was initially inclined to go for a 5.1 home theatre system. Plan was to gradually build the system: FS + centre being the first things to buy them then the rears and lastly the sub-woofer. I am slowly getting reconciled to the fact (after reading numerous threads on HFV) that a two component system will give me more for my moneys worth.

I have zeroed down on Dali IKON 6 speakers; now need to figure out an amp which drives these speakers best. I read from numerous threads that Arcam or Cyrus amps go well with IKON 6. I guess these amps would cost around 1 lakh or so. My budget for the amp will be around 40k. What would be a good alternative to the likes of Arcam at this budget.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
I edited my post - i meant arcam amps will cost around a lakh.
dont have such a budget for the amp. Around 40 k is what i am looking at.

I am paying around 68k for the IKON 6.

Thanks

Around 40 k is what i am looking at.

Good job on Ikon 6. I feel that with 40k amp, you won't get the most out of Ikon 6; however, if that's the max you can shell out for an amp, who are we to complain.

Having said that, Ikon 6 is a forward-sounding amp so needs a not-so exciting amp to drive them, so that's where the Arcam comes, both very good match indeed. Never heard Cyrus with 6.

But, we need to let go Arcam and others. So, for your budget NAD is the way to go, warm amp, could have good synergy with 6, IMO. And, amps to lookout for are - 355, 372, 375 (currently on sale at 'Sale Section' here).

:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back