• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Amplifier about 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms at 1.5 lakhs

Mogami Cables

Anurag

Hi,

I am looking for Amplifier with near about 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms at 1.5 lakhs. Non-digital amplification or power, non tube, which has a big bold sound.

Please let me know if anybody has anything to offer.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

MaSh

Hi,

I am looking for Amplifier with near about 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms at 1.5 lakhs. Non-digital amplification or power, non tube, which has a big bold sound.

Hey,

Could you mention the speakers you are intending to drive with such a beast? Do you have any reference amplifiers that you have in mind? Also, what is it going to be, integrated amp, Pre Power separates or a pair of power amps running in bridged mode along with a common preamp?

MaSh

efernand1

Hi,

Check the prices for new ones......you may get good deals.....some discount where possible........audition and decide

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n803/specs.html#product-tabs

http://www.onkyoindia.com/integrate_digital_amp.html

Anurag

Hey,

Could you mention the speakers you are intending to drive with such a beast? Do you have any reference amplifiers that you have in mind? Also, what is it going to be, integrated amp, Pre Power separates or a pair of power amps running in bridged mode along with a common preamp?

MaSh

Speakers could be Dynaudio or ATC or something else.
Reference amps like McIntosh, Luxman, Moon etc
Could be integrated or septate, but needs to sound big and bold.
Do you have anything to offer?

shibashis

Check the prices for new ones......you may get good deals.....some discount where possible........audition and decide

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n803/specs.html#product-tabs

http://www.onkyoindia.com/integrate_digital_amp.html

OP is looking for reference grade components and specifically mentions non-digital amplification, and you are pointing him to a Yamaha network receiver?!? Did you look at the budget? I am still wondering how the Yamaha fit into the requirements.

D

Deleted member 38504

Speakers could be Dynaudio or ATC or something else.
Reference amps like McIntosh, Luxman, Moon etc
Could be integrated or septate, but needs to sound big and bold.
Do you have anything to offer?
Brand new Luxman or Mcintosh wont be available for this price.

Rega, creek audio or Roksan will be. Check out the various offerings and prices for them.

atishaysingh

Hi,

Hi Anurag, lets talk i have a 200 watts rotel pre power i am selling... Its not digital and not tube either... Its class A/B amplifier with a lot of power.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 38504

I’m sorry I didn’t quite get you. What exactly do u know?

Are u looking for a new or used amp? If used then yes this is the correct forum. But if it’s a new item u r looking at, in your budget of about 1.5 lacs, u will get something very good from the 3 brands I mentioned. I know because I was in the same place u r in right now, a couple of months back. And then I bought the creek. Good luck.

JayaRaa

As posted in other thread of yours with same requirement, have a look at pro audio amps that will satisfy your power criteria very comfortably as well as cost much less than your intended budget. Couple of fm's here have been using them with very good results. You may want to search the forum for those amps details & interact with those fm's for more information.

guddu478

Interestingly you can look at Schiit Vidar power amp 100/200 WPC @ 8/4 Ohm, it has got great reviews and experts compare it with amplifiers in 2000 USD range.
Vidar can be used in mono mode as well, so 2 x Schiit Vidar = amazing product around 1400 - 1800 USD including shipping + duty.
Schiit preamp and DAC (if needed) can be added to make it more fruitful.

efernand1

OP is looking for reference grade components and specifically mentions non-digital amplification, and you are pointing him to a Yamaha network receiver?!? Did you look at the budget? I am still wondering how the Yamaha fit into the requirements.

@shibashis

I am aware that the OP is looking for something specific and in his requirements mentioned about Big bold sound which is present in the models suggested. ....am wondering how you fit in the equation as the Drill Master to moderate or comment? Have you heard the amps i have recommended?

Bottomline, suggestions are welcome from everyone and hence its an open post provided it does not violate any rules etc. If the OP was selective, he would have sent PM to specific members......

Lastly, I have no interest in playing a table tennis of posts or commentary for those who feel they are superior or more intellectual......I believe all of us have something or other to do professionally as well as personally and even make time to be on this forum to help out in whatever way we can....we should respect that space!

Anurag

Interestingly you can look at Schiit Vidar power amp 100/200 WPC @ 8/4 Ohm, it has got great reviews and experts compare it with amplifiers in 2000 USD range.
Vidar can be used in mono mode as well, so 2 x Schiit Vidar = amazing product around 1400 - 1800 USD including shipping + duty.
Schiit preamp and DAC (if needed) can be added to make it more fruitful.

cool option... i checked some youtube videos.. n the virtual demo commends its a clean sounding amp, but i feel the Roksan K3 is better and is the best bet below 1.5L-new, among whatever i have heard till now.

but what i am also contemplating is the option of getting some higher class amps preowned at my budget